Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Opinions wanted on Reflex and other low buck bows

Old 07-02-2004, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Opinions wanted on Reflex and other low buck bows

I think you are right. The Reflex is a lot of bow for the money. So are the others mentioned. I handled the Hoyt Ultramag, and it is indeed a very nice bow for the money. You don't need to spend $600+ to get a good one.
Old 07-04-2004, 01:07 PM

I'd take a look at the PSE Firestorm Lite. It's a short little thing, but has an 8" brace height and shoots really well. My brother's had one for several years and kills more deer with it than any of his buddies with higher $ bows. It's about $350 locally with PSE accoutrements. I don't particularly care for the grip, but I have small hands and really like the grip on my AR34.
Old 07-04-2004, 02:26 PM

The Firestorm is a nice little bow. I advised a first time buyer to get one and he likes it. I missed a Bowtech MityMite on eBay that went for $250 with sight, arrow rest and quiver because I overslept!! That would be real similar to the Firestorm, but would allow one to strut around more, because it's a Bowtech!!

I'm looking for something real forgiving. Right now, I'm looking at the Martin Prowler SE with Acu-Trac double cams. On the bow list here http://www.huntersfriend.com/bowspecs1.htm they list the "forgiveness" of the Prowler at an 88%. It must be easier to shoot than my speedy Z-Max!! If the cam setup is like the Reflex and Hoyt Cam & 1/2, I'm pretty sure that the Prowler will be my next bow.

By the way, I'm looking for a left hand, 60#, 29" draw bow, if someone has a nice one for sale.