Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need Help w/Target Decision

Old 07-01-2004, 10:57 AM

Default Need Help w/Target Decision

I am looking to buy a new target and am looking at the Block and The Cube, and for some reason I'm slightly considering the black hole even though i've heard all of the bad comments about it. There will be no broadhead shooting with them. I have another target for that. So fire away and let me know your experiences with any of these. Even though the Cube is a Broadhead target is it realatively easy to pull out fieldpoints? Let me know your experiences.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Need Help w/Target Decision

If you want a target for field points only get a Morell Outdoor range bag.

I have the black hole and block targets as well for broad head use and to take to work with me for when the rabbits dont want to come out and play

I am getting pass throughs on both the black hole and block altho they are good on field points broad heads chew them fairly quickly.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:25 AM

If you want a target for field points only get a Morell Outdoor range bag.
I agree - what a great fp target.

The bionic buck is another great fp target
Old 07-01-2004, 11:31 AM

I guess I should have added this before but what I need has to be portable so I can bring it inside after shooting since I live in the outskirts of a borough that does not allow you to shoot archery, but I have spoke with my neighbors and they don't mind that I shoot, and where I will be shooting is away from everything with a large backstop.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

most bag targets aren't real portable.
I disagree, you can make a stand out of PVC pipe and carry it pretty easily....with or without the stand. There are small sized bag targets that are much more easily moved too.

The Cube is a good broadhead target, but pulling field points is a two mule affair....with carbons that is, I've never shot aluminums at it, so I can't say as far as that goes.

I have no experience with the Block or Black Hole.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

You can't beat Morrel Bag targets for field points. For broadheads, consider the six shooter from morrell. I have one and like it a lot.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:05 PM

I use the block but have problem with it. I have the portable module and only shoot the center. I don't want to shoot the other targets incase I miss. If I missed I would hit a fence. I know this is my fault though. It wears out quckly that way. I like the bags because they're big.