Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Timing on a Pat Dually

Old 06-30-2004, 03:56 PM

Default Timing on a Pat Dually

So the string has stetched and it was out of time just a bit. I pressed it and brought it back with a twist on the string and cables. Timing was dead on. Chronoed...lost 10fps and maxed at 58#. Twisted the cables up a bit and brought it back to 63# (62 and change before) and the timing of the cams are "in"...meaning they hit the wall at the same spot on the draw... but they are quite a bit more rotated than factory setting. The cam timing marks are hidden and the cams look to be a bit over rotated at full draw.

Do I need a new string or can I make some adjustment that I haven't tried already??

Thanks guys.
Old 06-30-2004, 05:02 PM
nub

Default RE: Timing on a Pat Dually

Whats your ata and brace measurements? Is it an 04? I measure the timing on my 03 to the mod screw holes. Perhaps you didn't need to twist the string and just needed cam sync?
Old 06-30-2004, 09:05 PM
Typical Buck

If it's an 03... the mod screw closest to the riser should measure 1/4" from the limb. I only know because I've had to twist mine up a few times.. but it hasn't moved for a long while.
Old 06-30-2004, 11:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kelly, untwist the string. That will let the cams return to the correct position without changing synch. Now we need to educate you re: timing (where the cams are positioned at brace) and synch (where the cams are positioned in relation to each other). Untwisting the string shouldn't change synch, but you may have to reset nock point. Twisting the string may have also shortened the draw length. PM or email me if you like. Take care pal.
Old 07-02-2004, 04:14 PM

Thanks guys.

I took them all off and set them back to factory specs...ie removed and measured, untwisted and twisted to get it to what the sticker said. Then had to re synch (thanks for the clarification there Phil) AND re time.

So all looks good in that department...but I'm maxed at 58# again[:'(]
Old 07-02-2004, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just a twist off can make a fairly big diff on those cams..when you weighed the bow at 62 pounds are you absolutely sure the limb was exactly centered between the timing marks? I find by the time they get from the factory to wherever they are going, they are not perfectly centered..(cables have crept under initial tension)

It doesn't hurt to under-rotate or over-rotate the cams a small amount (other than changing speed). Thats one of the great things about a dual cam. I often under-rotate mine a bit to tweak draw length. I would tweak them and see what happens when you get back to 62 pounds.
Old 07-02-2004, 11:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Kel.

Bring it down with ya Sunday and I will fix her up for ya.

The bow that is
Old 07-03-2004, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kelly, are you saying you removed the string and cables, and set them at the factory lengths? Then reinstalled them on your bow? If so, I suspect they are again too long. They'll be longer under tension. I do all my string and cable work by measuring ATA, brace height, and cam settings. Twist the cables to get the poundage and synch right. Then the string for timing. Remeasure ATA and brace, and make small adjustments as necessary.
Old 07-03-2004, 08:10 AM
Typical Buck

OK guys... I was checking/tuning on my Patriot dually last night. I set the timing so that the mod screws were 1/4" from the limb. The a-a was dead on at 34 7/8".. but the brace height was off a tad at 7 11/16" vs the 7 7/8" spec. Is this a big issue or is it normal? I don't understand how the a-a can be dead on and the brace height is 3/16" short?
Old 07-03-2004, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

KB, if yours is an 03, brace is 7 3/4". So you're 1/16" off. Not enough to worry about.

Quick Reply: Timing on a Pat Dually

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.