Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Mirage Drop-away

Old 07-03-2004, 06:49 PM

Default RE: Mirage Drop-away

yeah its a little noisy but with some simplicity it can be quited down.but as far as the rest is concerned i think it works great.the arm on the trophy taker is as loud or louder and twice the money.i got one on my liberty as have not shot any better. i have robin hooded 2 arrows in the last week and a half.for now on its strictly spot shooting.sure a few simple things golden key could do and if they did this rest would take off as far as a popular hunting rest.people here about the noise issue and shuns this rest--- its a shame because it is very functional and dependable. i have shot this rest for the past 1 1/2 years and never had a problem out of it.
Old 07-03-2004, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know a fix , take it off the bow set it in your drive way and smack it with a 10 lb sledge , It along with the power drop are definately the 2 worst spent funds I have wasted , on a peice of archery equipment , POS junk in my not so humble opinion [:@]
Old 07-07-2004, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with jimmy. Of about a dozen drop aways I've tried the Mirage was one of the noisiest. Maybe it can be made less noisy but for the money it should not have any issues. I took mine off and gave it to my nephew to try for 3D. I won't go so far as to say it's junk, but I'm a little picky when it gets down to noise in a hunting bow. For 3D I could care less.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:54 PM

Everyone has just about named everything you can do to the Mirage to get it tame. Great concept & as stated by others a redesign would do wonders for this rest.

This is what I had to do to mine.

1. put rubber tubing over the pickup arm
2. put fleece between the riser & the body of the rest
3. put a nice chuck of thick fleece glued to the body where the launcher hits.
4. Had a few beers
5. glued some fleece where the stopper hits
6. had a few more beers

well there you go....eventually is gets real queit once the beer sets in.