Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Ultra-nok

Old 06-30-2004, 11:11 PM

Default RE: Ultra-nok

I've been using a Ultra-nok II for, damn has to be at least 5 years now. I never had a problem with it and still love it. But string loop or metal I don't think you can go wronge as long as your anchoring behind the arrow.
Old 07-02-2004, 07:15 AM

Trying a pic of how to tie a knot:

I can't get it to work[:@]
Old 07-02-2004, 05:22 PM

I used the Ultra-Nok for a couple years also until it broke in half at about 3/4 draw. Ouch that hurts to hit yourself in the jaw. I went back to a string loop. Here is a good website to see how to tie on a string-loop. www.the bowman.com Scroll down to Tech Bulletins from The BowMan. Then scroll down and highlight How to tie on a Rope Release Nock. This website has a lot of other very useful info also. Terry
Old 07-04-2004, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

been using ultra nocks forever and not a problem. better to be confident on something that works for the individual than someone elses beliefs. i dont worry about speed loss thats just funny![&:]
Old 07-04-2004, 06:41 PM

Used one for a few weeks, but did not like it. I have shot off the string for many years, but I am playing with a string loop this summer. Darn short a-to-a bows almost require a loop.

Dan
Old 07-05-2004, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Extreme, there is another ulternative to the tie-on loop besides metal ones. For lack of info (I'm having a brain fart) you can look in Cabela's catalog at the knot-less loop that is made of bowstring material with serving on it. It's a little tough to get on the string but you will never have a knot come loose. I had one on my bow and it works really well. Then I took it off simply because I'm not a loop fan.

OK, I just found mine. It's made by Rock-It Outdoors, called Knotless Trigger Release Loop. Mde fron BCY 450 material. You can probably get a look at www.rock-itoutddors.com Who else has seen these. One thing I like about the idea is that they are all the same length should you have to change them.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got back from the dealers on saturday and tied on a string loop myself,so far so good,just need to shorten my draw a hair to make it more comfy.I also ordered the no-peep and it should be in next week-------I'll keep you all posted
Old 07-06-2004, 05:43 PM

I've used an Ultra Nok and liked it until it started sliding up my string. Tightening the screws didn't help. Turns out that it compressed the serving and wouldn't stay put. I put on a loop and gained 3 or 4 fps. I've been a bit cautious about the loop making sure to check it often for signs of wear or slippage. It's very important to get a nice fat ball end on the loop (with a flame, I do it before I install). One tip, make a note of the exact length that works for you. I keep the loop material in a zip lock bag, with the note that specifies length.

I'm a loop user from now on.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:03 PM
c j
Typical Buck

Never tried an Ultra-nok or a string loop prior to this weekend, but my serving was all chewed up from my release so I bought a string loop. I was a little nervous about trying to tie it on myself, but it had a diagram on the package that was pretty easy to read. I don't have a chrono, so I have no idea if I lost any fps, but it seemed to work fine.

I still love the No-Peep. Can't believe how sensitive it is to the tiniest amount of torque on the grip. I would highly recommend one.