Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

MATHEW VS BOWTECH

Old 07-01-2004, 06:59 PM

Default RE: MATHEW VS BOWTECH

We are moving to Western Idaho and I will be pursuing a PhD in Leadership Studies at Gonzaga University and I can tell you I am just about salivating at the thought that hunting season is rapidly approaching! Or rather all too slowly approaching depending on how you look at it!

Thanks again for the welcome guys, I myself will have many questions in the very near future. I'm glad I have found somewhere to get great advice.
Old 07-13-2004, 06:53 PM

Both are great bows. I actually think I would choose the Liberty out of those 2 bows but it woudl be a hard choice.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:05 PM

I've shot the Outback, great bow. i think this forum is a little biases towards bowtech, so i would take their advice with a grain of salt.

slayer
Old 07-13-2004, 07:09 PM

Deerslayer_37

Actually I am a rather large Mathews fan & my main hunting bow is a Q2XL. I really felt the new Liberty was the creme of the crop for Bowtech. I have a Extreme VFT that I have not shot nearly as much as my Q2XL but then again I am not a die hard speed freak!

Old 07-13-2004, 09:08 PM

The liberty has the freedom cam, which is smoother, but a bit slower. That is why it feels better on the draw than the mathews. And why the mathews is faster. You could basically get the same bow with an infinity cam in a Patriot and it would be faster. It would draw a little harder though. You would still have the same adjustability however. Or you could get the partiot in a dual cam model and get more brace height, more axle to axle and even more speed. They all use the same risor and look to have a bit less reflex than the mathews does as well.

The mathews is also shorter than the two bowtechs above. But you could solve that problem by getting a Mighty Might VFT or the Justice. They are both closer to same size as the Outback. And the mighty might is faster according to the specs. I just bought one this weekend, it's a pretty nice bow.

What was said about the grips is true as well, they are both different. I personally love the grips on the bowtech. My buddy didn't like them at all. I think the bowtechs may have a bit longer risor as well. And I am pretty sure the bowtech will be cheaper. I know the mighty might will be. I looked at both of them. My mighty might was 569, the mathews was like 700 bucks.

It's all going to depend on what feels the best to you. I would shoot a hoyt as well just for giggles. I can almost garauntee that the mathews will have the least handshock. I have not shot that model, but every other one I have shot save for the speed bows had no handshock or recoil at all. They are perfectly dead in your hand. My bowtech is not, not even with a bunch of simms stuff on it. It still has a little lower kick and vibration to it. I compared it with a used MQ32 that i was thinking about getting and was amazed at the difference. The MQ32 was completely dead in my hand. I love those little bows! I almost bought it. It was like 389 completely set up, with a nice 3 pin sight and a muzzy rest.

Good luck with what ever you decide. They are both really well made bows. It all depends on how much you want to spend, and what "feels" good to you at the time.

Paul
Old 07-14-2004, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shoot the one that feels best to you. But I'll tell ya what. If I had to choose between the two, Bowtech hands down. That liberty is a real peice of work. If you hunt in MN where its colder than hell a lot of days and you're sitting in a treestand for 7+ hours stiff and cold, that Liberty will draw back like melted butter. Thats my choice.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:02 AM

$hooter,The Outback or the Liberty,both great bows.Tuff choice,and you really can't go "wrong" with either.Take a look at the stats-
Bowtech Liberty-$679.00(Baltimore,MD)
33.25 ata--7.5 brace ht.
300-308 ibo--65-80% let-off
Freedom Cam(larger than earlier models)
Factory installed "HUSH KIT"
Mossy oak break-up(there are some serious issues with the film dip)
Mathews Outback-$649.00(Baltimore,MD)
31.5 ata--7.62 brace ht
310 ibo--65-80% let-off
HP (high performance)cam
Harmonic Dampening System-String Suppressors
V-Lock Limb Cups
Roller Guard
Realtree Hardwoods HD camo
Centerline grip
The Outback gives you much more bow for the money,and to me,it's a no brainer.I've shot both bows,ALOT,side by side,and the Outback is so much smoother,quieter and shock free,it's not a hard decision.I've owned both Bowtechs and Mathews,and I'm currently shooting an LX.As I said before,They are both great bows,and these comments are my opinions,so go with the one that suits you the best and don't secound guess your decision.Good Luck!...Bob
Old 07-14-2004, 11:19 AM
Fork Horn

i tyoo have been trying to make up my mind about the Martin SlayR, the Mathews outback, and the Bowteck liberty.

all three have great feel in my hand and all three have smooth draw. the only choice i think i had to make was the cost and how much boyw you get for your money. no wi have heard bad things about mathews customer service but thats why i have talked to my shop pro about HIM waranteeing his stuff.

thanks Trestand for the help, i didnt realize that the Mathews came with so much extra. as opposed to teh Martin, i have tried asking alot of people here about them but have not heard back about them.

anyway this was a great thread and being new here i have found lots of great information from everyone!
see you all around