Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Drop Zone Problem

Old 06-28-2004, 03:53 PM

Default Drop Zone Problem

I was doing some paper tuning today and noticed that my rest will not stay attached firmly to the riser. Even with the bolt tightened as tight as I could get it, it will still come loose with a little bit of pressure on the rest. The threads are not stripped so I cannot figure out what would be causing this. Any thoughts?
Old 06-28-2004, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Drop Zone Problem

use some spray adhesive to the back of the rest mounting bracket and use a nylon washer on the mounting brackets cap screw.
Old 06-28-2004, 05:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

use some spray adhesive to the back of the rest mounting bracket and use a use some spray adhesive to the back of the rest mounting bracket.
Fat chance I would ever do that. Spray glue your rest on?????

It should have an extra spot for a set screw. Tighten it down so it bites into your riser. You should be fine.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:28 PM

Thanks buckeye,
The two sets of holes on the rest do not line up perfectly with the holes on the riser. I would have to drill out one of the holes on the rest and use a washer to make it work. Should this be necessary with a $100 rest? It is only 6 months old. The only thing I can think of is that it would have done this all along if I put enough pressure on it to make it move. Does anyone else have to use 2 set screws to make this rest work?
Old 06-29-2004, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Try the washer underneath the cap of the mounting bolt, and also try using a VERY thin piece of rubber under the arm.

BTW also make sure the mounting arm is not bent.

I'm surprised TR decided not to utilize a set screw of some sort..thats just silly..however it's typical IME for TR products...the sights are notorious for coming loose all the time.

If that doesn't work, I'd find a new rest.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:31 AM

Mount the rest flush with the shelf. A little strip of 2 sided tape or rubber will aslo help.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:50 AM

I've had no problems with mine loosening up. I agree with the nylon washer. This should help to dampen vibrations as well as add a little pressure on the bolt to keep it from loosening up.
Old 06-29-2004, 04:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Get some pink (low strength) lock tite.

Or you could just get a rest that works.[&:]
Old 06-29-2004, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your DZ should have come with a set screw to prevent this? Do you have a set screw or could it have been possibly lost?? There is no reason the entire rest body should be moving against your riser? [&:]
Old 06-29-2004, 05:09 PM

IL-Cornfed:
Yep, the set screw came loose. I didn't realize it was even there. I had overlooked it. Tightened it up and works like a charm again! Thanks!

Quick Reply: Drop Zone Problem

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.