Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

d-i-y arrow spinner

Old 06-28-2004, 01:45 PM

Default d-i-y arrow spinner

does anyone have any plans for building an arrow spinner? if so, would you mind sharing them? i think i might have come across one quite a while back but can't find it in a search.

thanks!
Old 06-29-2004, 08:29 AM

Default RE: d-i-y arrow spinner

I have heard to get a cardboard box and cut two V shaped grooves in it. Make sure they are even. Put 2 washers in each side and spin.

\../
Old 06-29-2004, 08:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

The closest I have ever come to making my own is with pre-made rollers and a two by four. The box idea doesn't sound too bad but how accurate is it?
Old 06-29-2004, 09:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

PA, I made on similar to yours with cabinet rollers (about 60 cents each). I also put a wall up on it where I mark the center. I wish my Digital Camera was working so I could take a picture for you.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen guys take a 2X4 drill 4 holes (2 sets of two) and then screw bullet (not field) points into it...

My friend at home made one (and he's quite a handi-man) and the thing was not very "accurate"..surprise, surprise...
Old 06-30-2004, 12:11 AM

I made one that works pretty well considering how simple it is.

1) Find a very straight piece of hardwood about 18" long (or just short enough to fit inside your bow-tool-box ). I used an oak 2x2.

2) Get four marbles of identical shape and size (this is harder to do than I originally thought so your might try marble sized ball bearings which would be more symetrical).

3) Now make the arrow "rollers" at each end of the board==> Using an appropriate marble-diameter standard drill bit, bore two shallow holes side by side about an inch from the end of the board. You will want the marbles to sit side by side (maybe a 1/4 inch apart) in these holes. The hole should be just deep enough so that half the marble is exposed. Glue the marbles in place with hot glue. Repeat the process at the other end of the board.

4) Your arrow should be able to be cradled in the gap between the marbles without touching the wood. Spinning is easy since there is little friction.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

OK camera is now fixed, here are a few pictures of my home made arrow spinner. I cost all of about3-4 dollars to make. Everthing should be pretty much explainitory from the pictures. I used good quality cabinet rollers.

Old 07-28-2004, 07:05 AM

hey, great looking spinner.
thanks for those pics...
Old 07-28-2004, 10:33 AM

I'll post a pic of one that a friend (who's a machinist) made for me, weighs about 10lbs, but it is very slick and the tolerances are very tight.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bobco19-65 Thats a great locking arrow spinner and the best thing is the cost just the right price

Quick Reply: d-i-y arrow spinner

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.