Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Flecthing Contact w/ My New Shakey Hunter

Old 06-27-2004, 08:01 PM

Default Flecthing Contact w/ My New Shakey Hunter

Okay, so I joined the drop away crowd for two reasons: 1) The ability to shoot helical vanes/feathers and 2) Noise reduction. I noticed last week while shooting some straight feathers that I seemed to have a little contact on the left-hand (I'm a right-handed shooter) feather (shooting cock feather up). I figured it wouldn't matter when I shot my arrows with vanes, since they're smaller than my feathers. Wrong! Now, it seems I'm getting all kinds of vane/feather contact on both "down" vanes/feathers (again, shooting cock feather up). Ideas/suggestions? I think I might just take it to the shop and let them fix my problem. The Shakey Hunter was installed by Bass Pro, so that could be my problem...

Also, I originally tried a MZE on this bow and the guy at the pro shop said my cable slide doesn't move enough for the MZE to work. So, if the MZE doesn't work and we can't get the Shakey Hunter to tune correctly, what drop away? A Drop Zone? Does anyone out there shoot an AR34 with a drop away?
Old 06-27-2004, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Flecthing Contact w/ My New Shakey Hunter

Where do you have the string attached? I have Trophy Takers on 2 bows and when the Shakey was set up the guy who set it up used the slide, no good, I changed it to the down cable and it works great, these rests do take some time to get set up just right as far as timing goes but once set up IMO they are awesome.
Old 06-27-2004, 08:19 PM

The guy at Bass Pro served it into the down cable...
Old 06-28-2004, 04:16 AM

Sounds to me like the launcher is not dropping fast enough. I had to play with my shakey hunter quite a bit until I got it right but now it is great and I love it. Trophy Taker reccomends you have the launcher fully up the last 2" of the draw but I've heard some people had to have it up longer and in my case I have to have it up shorter than 2". You will probably have to play with the length of the cord to get this right. Another thing to watch out for is your feathers or vanes slamming into the launcher farther back on the launcher, I've found that you need a higher nock point, in some cases as much as 1/4". You might want to try shortening the cord first then messing with your nock point.
Old 06-28-2004, 05:07 AM
Fork Horn

I havve the shakey hunter on a botech patriot and had to go to a higher nocc point. and lower the rest arm. I also cannot shoot my cock vane upor down, I have to have it turned to side.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:53 AM

I havve the shakey hunter on a botech patriot and had to go to a higher nocc point. and lower the rest arm.
What is this doing to your flight??

Many times to get a drop away to work with many one cam bows takes much fiddling with pull up timing. Just raising the nock for fletching clearance is the worst thing to do IMO as the bow is now out of tune.

I have played with my drop zone on my 03 Patriot for a good bit this weekend - I am getting close. I can get the fletching to clear with a cock vane up (Thanks to an Alpine roller slide that pulled the cable in). but when I group tuned some broadheads it showed a real nock high tune[:'(]. I am still playing

Jeff - I have a QUAD - that is next
Old 06-28-2004, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

good sugestions so far , one more is , set it on the firmer spring tension [ they have 2 settings for spring tention and are shiped with the lite setting ]
Old 06-28-2004, 01:27 PM
Fork Horn

never tried that, how do you change it?
Old 06-28-2004, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

can be 2 things
the lift cord is set to come up too soon
or the nocking point is too low causing the arrow to bottom out on the rest
if the nocking point is too low can be identified by a nock low tear on paper.
the rest needs to come up only one inch from full draw.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

To adjust spring tention , remove the nut , and insert the spring end in the whole furthests clockwise and reasemble .

Quick Reply: Flecthing Contact w/ My New Shakey Hunter

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.