Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Another Hoyt bow Question - Havoc Vs Hyper

Old 02-23-2002, 05:38 AM

Default Another Hoyt bow Question - Havoc Vs Hyper

I have read the good reviews on the Havoctec here, for just another 1 1/2" ATA with another advertised 20 fps, what do you all think of the Hypertec. Any experience?
Old 02-23-2002, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another Hoyt bow Question - Havoc Vs Hyper

I had the 2001 Hyper,and I have the HAvocTec as well.

The Hyper was a nice shooter for a speedbow, but it wasn't really fast comapred to other bows in it's class.

This year they have made the brace height shorter and chopped the length down 3". IMO, that's going to make the Hyper fairly critical to shoot.

The HavocTech on the other hand is much nicer shooting, due to an extra 2" of brace, less recoil, less noise, and it's not nearly as torquey as the Hyper.

If you want a bit more speed but not quite so critical as the Hyper you might look at bows like the Mathews Ultra2, PSE Nitro (which I'm very impressed with), Bowtech Pro-38 Option 1, Bowtech Black Knight 2 option two, or the Hoyt CyberTec.

JeffB
Old 02-23-2002, 02:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Another Hoyt bow Question - Havoc Vs Hyper

I would tend to agree with Jeff's appraisal though the brace height did remain the same from last year to this year.....6 inches, the Hypertec is 33 inches from axle to axle this year as Jeff stated.

You might want to see if you could find a Vortec XT2000 Redline in your draw length. It is probably the closest Hoyt bow that you will find that could be considered a compromise between the Havoctec and Hypertec in every category except for axle to axle length.