Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Please help = arrow / set-up question

Old 06-25-2004, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Please help = arrow / set-up question

No sense in me going over what Arthur has told you. He's no dummy. There is one suggestion I'd like to make and that is, if you do intend to shoot with fingers then I'd get a good tab and can the glove. Gloves are usually a little more comfortable on the fingers, but the tab will usually give a more consistent release.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:22 PM
c j
Typical Buck

Default RE: Please help = arrow / set-up question

I went out the other night to shoot around and I noticed my serving has worn through where the release grabs it, so I decided I'd try shooting fingers for awhile.

I used a tab, drawing back with three, then dropped off the ring finger and the index finger. I was able to hold it at full draw with just the middle finger, but not nearly as long as I normally would. Seemed to work ok - I was a little concerned that all the extra flap from the parts of the tab that my index and ring fingers would normally be occupying was getting in the way a bit - but overall not too bad.

The concern I have, though, is that when I stopped shooting I noticed my middle finger was numb - kind of like it went to sleep or something. The next morning it was still quite numb. Not as bad as the night before, but definitely still there. It's been two days now and it's no longer numb so much but it still feels a little 'off'.

I guess I'm wondering if everyone who shoots fingers experiences this, too. I've never had this happen before with my Bear, but that was 43" ATA and about 55lbs, whereas the Liberty is 33" ATA and set at 60lbs.