Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

silly broadhead question

Old 06-18-2004, 10:20 PM

Default silly broadhead question

Hi everyone,

Well, I will be using Satellite Spear Point Chuck Adams 100 gr 3 replacable blade heads this coming year. They seem well made and sharp, only $6 for a pack of 3 at Galyans, and made in the USA to boot!

I want to know if the little rubber ring goes on to secure the prongs on the 3 blades at the base, or does it go on after the metal ring and up against the arrow?

Thanks
Old 06-18-2004, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: silly broadhead question

I want to know if the little rubber ring goes on to secure the prongs on the 3 blades at the base, or does it go on after the metal ring and up against the arrow?
After the metal rings and up against the arrow.

I'd suggest buying replacement blades right away and shooting the crap out of those heads to make sure they fly right and hold up! $6 a pack?[&:]
Old 06-19-2004, 01:26 AM

Agreed, shoot these sucker til your targets bleed. At that price, make sure they hold up. Most of the quality b/h on the market run from $15-25 for 3, or 6 if you get the ones that need sharpening. I would really be leary of heads costing $6 for 3, no matter whose name is on them. If they hold up, you found a steal, if not, you aren't out much cash. If you notice, there are a few names in broadheads that have been around forever, and for good reason: Magnus, Muzzy, NAP, Barrie, and a select few others. These guys are still around for a very good reason....quality.

JMAC
Old 06-19-2004, 02:31 AM
Spike

Take it from me 40 yrs of bowhunting and not just for a few days or weeks a year but ALL YEAR. Just buy yourself a 6 pack of MUZZY broadheads and worry no longer.
Old 06-19-2004, 03:09 PM

I agree about quality etc, but these look good. I'm probably goign to use Magnus or Muzzy anyway, just wanted to try these. I found this link that has them online for $19 so you can look at them.

http://www.the-best-sporting-goods.c...-Points_1.html

I'm going to test them, as I would any, may use them.

Thanks[8D]