Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Oh Happy Day! Mass weight is where it's at?

Old 06-18-2004, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Oh Happy Day! Mass weight is where it's at?

ORIGINAL: Black Frog
Too little, and too much of mass weight can both be detrimental to your score. Every individual has to find their happy medium that works for them.
Absolutely true, Todd. There's a point where the individual's strength level will be a factor, but most archers would better off adding some weight to thier bow, not lightening it up, IME

...I have to laugh when I see these big burly guys buying 70 pound 30" draw hard cam bows and then act like a pansy when you mention that adding a stabilizer might help their accuracy
Old 06-18-2004, 11:56 PM

Default RE: Oh Happy Day! Mass weight is where it's at?

For a short hunting bow where long range accuracy and a steady hold is not usually encountered, a hunter can get by very well with a 3 pound bare bow. I know of several guys that are mostly sustained on venison year round that rely on a one pound stick with a string on it for sniping deer from above and from the ground Whitetails are usually shot at distances from 1 to 20 yards throughout the U.S. If you're thinking you need another pound of weight on your bow so you can be steader at 60 yards,,, you're not hunting very well[&:] Personal preferences will allways make or break the sale on anyone's line of bows,,,, too light, too heavy, too long, too short,,,, someone will buy them for their own reasons.
Now's where I'll tell you about my little Bowtech Justice,,, light, short, quiet, not so fast, but man,,,, it stacks those arrows in the same hole,,,, with ME shooting it!!!!!! Good luck with your's