Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

shooting question

Old 06-17-2004, 09:01 PM

Default shooting question

I am shooting a justice bow with a whisker biscuit rest and peep. I have tried a pin sight and a pendulum and have the same problem with both. When I aim at the center bullseye on my target I am hitting about 7 inches low and 7 to the left. I have moved both sights as far as the adjustments will allow. the only thing i can think of is that maybe my wb needs moved a little or could it be a form problem. any help will be appreciated. this is so frustrating i am almost ready to sell it and give up. thanks again.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: shooting question

Welcome to the forum Bowtech Justice ! I'd like to think that maybe this could possibly be a form problem but if you are consistantly shooting like that then I would think that it's most likely your rest .First for your form makr sure when your about to release that your not gripping your grip ,your bow should just lay there without gripping{this is called torquing}which is a huge possibility.As for your rest it could be too far out try adjusting it back a little at a time and shoot a couple arrow's at every move ,if you notice a difference as your adjusting then you might have your problem check your center shot and make sure your string lines up with the center of your rest . You might also want to adjust your sight as well.I'm not too sure about the WB rest but I hear guy's saying that they have to trimm the bristles on them but that's a question for someone else to answer .I hope I've helped a bit and good luck to you .Just don't give up this sport is awsome and very satisfying ,at the very worst you can take it back to your shop and I'm sure they'll help you out .

nubo
Old 06-17-2004, 09:51 PM
nub

Default More questions than answers

How tight are your groups?
What poundage is your bow?
What arrows do you shoot?
Can you re-bolt your sight together in a different set of holes?
Have you tried adjusting trigger tension on your release?
Hows your grip?
Where do you anchor?

Sorry forgot to ask;
Did you tune your bow? Or did the pro shop?
Old 06-17-2004, 10:00 PM

Default RE: More questions than answers

i am shooting blackhawk vapor 4000 arrows and i have shot carbon express also. I can stack them in a tight group. Both brands of arrows will hit basicly in the same spot. I am pulling 65 pounds. i am using a wrist sling and shooting with an open hand. it still hits low and left. all arrows are in about a 2 to 3 inch circle.
the guy at the pro shop tuned it
Old 06-17-2004, 10:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have to think that your rest must be out a bit ,try re-sighting first then adjust your rest in small adjustment's and see what happen's .Let us know how you make out .

nubo
Old 06-18-2004, 12:21 AM

Don't sell the bow!!! Get a good sight like the Copper John Dead Nuts hunter that has all the adjustment you'll ever need. The riser on the new BowTechs have lots of center shot clearance to clearly see the pin guard on your sight. Your current sight and/or rest might not have enough adjustment to get you sighted in correctly. Keep adjusting until the sight pins, string and point of the arrow all line up and the arrows group in the center with good flight. It's all just a matter of adjustment and /or having enough of it
Old 06-18-2004, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

The WB works best with the cock vane up--sounds like moving the up a little might help.Adjust the rest higher or lower the nocking point on the string until your arrow is lined up with the rest mounting holes is a good starting point.
Old 06-18-2004, 06:46 AM

What model WB do you have ??

If it is a Deluxe......raise your rest up a little and right a little and see how it affects things ! You want your arrow level (I haven't had trouble running downhill slightly)....but not running up hill .......and your center shot should be slightly left of center (works well on the WB).....but not to the right .....for a right handed shooter with a WB !

If you can not get your arrows to impact high enough by moving your rest up a little.........you may want to check you peep sight location.....it may need to be moved down or up to get you correct ! It is a common problem on short ata bows with extreme string angles !
Old 06-18-2004, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Your comment that 'the guy at the shop tuned it' causes me some concern. There are very few guys working in archery shops that I'd trust to even rough tune my bows. But let's assume he actually knew what he was doing, didn't get interrupted, had you doing the shooting while he did the adjusting, and it got done correctly. Probably didn't happen that way, but lets assume it did.

Are you loading your arrows cock vane UP in that WB?

I see a few others made the same suggestion while I was typing and amending.

I will add that you really need to learn to tune the bow yourself. Get a copy of "Tuning and Silencing Your Compound Shooting System" by Larry Wise. Very good primer for the beginning bow tuner.
Old 06-18-2004, 08:58 AM
nub

I see these guys have you pointed in the right direction.[&:] One thing I'll mention that no one else has. If you force your fingers straight out (open hand), you tighten the muscle in your hand just below the thumb. Try it and feel what I'm talking about. Now relax and close your hand so your index finger and thumb barely touch. Relax, relax, relax. Now feel that muscle.

Same with your release hand. Relax. Find a good repeatable anchor tight to your face. Play around with grip and anchors a bit and watch your groups move around the target.

Quick Reply: shooting question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.