Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

shooting question

Old 06-18-2004, 09:49 AM

Default RE: More questions than answers

Also try:

-Lower your nocking point incrementally and watch for your groups to lift.
-If the shafts you use are spined to be allowed to shot from a broad range of higher draw-weights, incrementally increase your draw weight and watch for groups to start to come center.

If the arrows you use are on the low side of a range of draw-weights that can be used, and your rest, form, and other unknowns are shedding off energy or creating drag, your shafts could be reacting to an "over-spine" symptom regardless what the"charts" say.

I strongly suspect some severe fletch/vane/shaft contact problems.
Old 06-18-2004, 10:31 AM

i was able to get out and shoot a little this morning. i tried moving my rest a little at a time and i now have it shooting just about dead center . I was able to move my sight a bit to correct for the low shooting. looks like just a little fine tuning and i will be good to go.

Thank you all for your replies and much needed help.
Old 06-18-2004, 10:39 AM

If you really want to tune your bow,,, do it with a fixed blade broadhead. This will bring out more spine and tuning issues with your set up. Tuning a bow to shoot field points is very easy, fixed blade broad heads will require some fine tuning that will show even better accuracy with field points. Good luck this fall