Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow suggestions

Old 06-16-2004, 06:59 PM

Default Arrow suggestions

I am thinking of going to a new arrow, however, unless you research and study this stuff everyday, it seems you lose touch quickly. I am looking at getting some of those "carbon weave" shafts. I hope to start shooting a little lighter arrow so I can pick up more speed. I plan to try the 100 grain Crimson Talons and after reading another form, may try out a couple quick spin vanes. I currently shoot a cybertec at 62#s and 29.5 inch draw with a release. I have never cronographed it, but plan to tomorrow. Any suggestions or opinions on the carbon weaves?
Currently I shoot terminators with 100 grain broadheads.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:42 AM

Default RE: Arrow suggestions

I haven't shot the radial X's that I think your talking about. PSE makes them . I have (and do) shoot the Carbon force stuff though and have been very happy. They are lighter, much more resistant to splintering than the CSX I shot before and tolerances are tight enough I only had 1 "flyer" from the 3 doz I've been through.

I'd skip those Crimson Talons though. Do a search on here and see what experiences others have had with them.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:34 AM

Tru shot, I agree 100% about the talons. 5Shot has done some good reviews and they didn't fair so well. I believe there are much better heads out there for that type of money.

I shot dominators for a very short while due to an incident I had with one of the shafts. It wasn't pretty. The arrows I consider good out of the bunch flew very nicely but I'm not willing to have another shaft disintergrate as it leaves my bow.

I prefer a heavier hunting shaft so I'm not much help unless your for that. Which you're not. But if you were, Gold Tip all the way.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

If your arrows are around 28 1/2"s Id go with acc 3-49's . 6 of them would be better than 12 of the carbons out there now , Give them a few more years , untill they figure these things out , and how to build a good one that lasts .
Old 06-17-2004, 07:02 PM

Bought 6 carbon impacts today 7.4 grains/ inch. Seemed to get good reviews in some forums I was checking. I was torn between them and the Gold Tips, but the store I was shopping at had the Impacts on Sale. Thanks for the info. on the Crimson Talons. I had read some reviews on another forum and they were pretty good. Maybe I will look a little further.