Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Question about ocassional loud/crazy arrow flight.

Old 06-16-2004, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question about ocassional loud/crazy arrow flight.

If I understood Len corectly the lift cord is attached to the cable guard slide?

if this is so i would not use the slide to lift the rest, instead serve the cord into the down power harness and adjust where it comes all the way up only one inch from full draw this should eleminate any contact.
also check your nocking point, if it is too low it will cause the back of the arrow to bottom out on the rest as well.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:17 PM

BPS:

No, I did not intend to imply that the cord was attached to the cable slide. My intent was to relate to very 'quick acting' bows and I guess my choice of words left something to be desired.

I've got one in the shop right now that is getting horrible fletching contact. They definitely should consider redesigning the rest to incorporate more spring tension. Of course, if you call them, they "don't have a problem" and "you've installed it incorrectly". WRONG!
Old 06-16-2004, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont think I have ever seen one of these rests
I will have to look in my Papes catalogue to check this one out and put an x thru the picture cant be any worse than a bodoodle zapper
that is another one that is on my black list.[:'(]
Old 06-17-2004, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hmm..funny...AFAIC this is the best dropaway I've used yet, and my shop has sold a bazillion of them with no major tuning issues. It has it's quirks I'm sure like everything else, but they have put them on 5 major bow brands with great and less than great nock travel, parallel and not so parallel limbs..:shrug:

But I can give a few more names to put an X through in your Papes catalog BPS
Old 06-17-2004, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love this rest and nothing is wrong with it. I think it was a nock issue. I had got some dirt in my nocks earlier and i think they may have been slipping off on the draw. This rest is awesome and my shop is selling a ton of them as well. Bigpapascout, I wouldn't cross it out, I would circle it and buy one.