Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

PSE now has roaming truck showroom

Old 06-15-2004, 06:31 AM

Default PSE now has roaming truck showroom

Yesterday, I went to my Pro Shop Hunters Gallery in Hamlin, PA and they had a PSE Showroon on wheels there. It is an 18 wheeler, wth the rear converted into an Archery showroom, with all the fixings. The bows there were nice to look at and they had some good deals. I brought my old PSE for some comments. They were mostly interested in selling me a new one. Unfortunately, I can not buy one right now since funds are tight and my wife would shoot me with it. The AR bows looked really nice though.

I was not really impressed by the show. I guess I though there would be more Archery and less sale, but the new bows were nice to look at. They even had some nice long bows.

Maybe things will be different next year, but this year my old bow is ready. I have added a new Wisker Biscut, and picked up some new aluminum arrows. I have started shooting, in my neighbors back yard. I watch the place and they are very rarely there. I have a foam target, and use a 200 foot tape measure plus use the paint I had for making a soccer field. I have marked off 10 yards, 20 yards, 25 yards, and 30 yards. The yard is fairly level but goes up near where I placed the target, around the lake. I have my pins setup for 10, 20, and 30 yards. 10 and 20 are fine, but 30 I have to raise my bow above the sights to even hit the target. Since I have a 20 year old wooden PSE compound, should I be concerned about this? What should I do, if anything?

T
Old 06-15-2004, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PSE now has roaming truck showroom

If by "now" you mean for the last 8 or 10 years, then yes, PSE "now" does have a rolling showroom.

They ARE pretty hardcore trying to make a sale when you walk in there. Kinda funny.

And the AR hybrid bows indeed are impressive, especially for the $.
Old 06-15-2004, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PSE now has roaming truck showroom

The PSE Express trucks are cool. They will do whatever it takes to sell ya a bow. My wife wanted a thunderbolt several years ago, well they didn't happen to have one in her size, so they built one from parts. took limbs off that bow over there, cams from that draw, riser from a thunderbolt, custom built string and cables, spent 1 hour with her tuning/setting it up and made a sale. She loves the bow and its a sweet shooter.

--Bob