Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Patriot vs. Liberty

Old 06-13-2004, 09:03 AM

Default Patriot vs. Liberty

I am planning to purchase a new bowtech. I would like to have a bow that would maximize the limitations of my short draw, yet be accurate for treestand hunting. Speed is a factor but not as much due to my planning to use a pendulum sight, as I prefer to shoot one pin. I was considering the extreme but have pretty much discounted that idea; currnetly torn between the Liberty and the Patriot and need some imput. I have a 27 1/2" draw and currently shoot a 70# Mightymite with Beman ICS 500's cut to 25 3/8" with a 85 grain tip, Impact cosmic one pin sight; set up is awsome. My questions are as follows: Which bow would be the best pic for a short draw archer? I am planning to set it up with a QAD Ultra Drop Away and a Mantis pendulum sight, which bow would be better for treestand hunting? I have shot both and like the features afforded by each of them.

thanks,

Scuba
Old 06-13-2004, 09:16 AM

Default RE: Patriot vs. Liberty

Personally I'd go the route of the Partriot. The Liberty will have a significantly smoother draw but not near the speed...if you were coming from anything but the Mighty Mite my answer would be more neutral but the MM has the harshest draw of them all IMO due to the shorter ATA. I Shot the MM and went to a Patriot dually and everyone said how the draw was a bit rough but it's a creampuff comparitively speaking. Especially for the extra "umphh" downrange with the shorter drawlengths.

I'd stick with the Cosmic instea of a pendulum too, but that's just me.
Old 06-13-2004, 09:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

IMHO if you want speed then go for the Patriot SC or DC, if speed is not an issue but a smooth draw is then go for the Liberty.
Old 06-13-2004, 07:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Patriot SC if you have a short draw and want to maximize your speed/penetration potential. The DC version will do it as well but has a stiffer draw cycle than either of the others in my opinion.
Old 06-14-2004, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went with the pat because its an awesome bow.I also draw 28 inches and i didn't want to sacrifice any speed loss with the liberty.Dont get me wrong the liberty is an excellent bow and it was a toss up between the 2 of them but with speed in mind i went with the patriot
Either bow you consider choosing you will not be dissapointed.
P.S---if most of your hunting is out of a tree stand on cold days then speed isnt the biggest factor as most shots will be less then 30 yards.I do know for sure that the liberty with the freedom cam does draw much smoother but the patriot isn't to bad either even at 70 lbs
Old 06-16-2004, 08:59 PM
Fork Horn

Welcome to the forum old man!!! Good to see ya!

I replied in the review forum, but just noticed something, your arrows look awful light to me! Honestly, I think you're under IBO minimum, but you might want to check bowjackson.com to look for yourself (of course your arrows have been dipped so that'll add a little weight, but I'm not sure how much, we may need to get the scales out, before we shoot next time). Still voting for the Patriot though, of course I'm still in love with mine so I'm a little prejudice.

Gordon
Old 06-17-2004, 06:56 PM

Gordy, not to sound like the smart a-- that I am, but DUH! I know they are light but a guy that was not blessed with the arms reach of a Gorilla has to what he can to gain every fps. As you well know I don't shoot IBO tournaments so to me IBO minimum is not a factor. Also, as far as being underspined I don't think so according to the chart at Brownlee's Bow Works; borderline/redzone yes, but not dangerous especilly since I lightened up the point to 85 grains. Come on over to the back yard and give it a try, and remember to bring that new Patriot. I promise not to bust any more of your nocks!
Old 06-17-2004, 09:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Tru-Shot has hit the nail right on the head ,The Liberty is a great bow when it comes to smoothness but your short draw length I think it would work against you since you said that speed is a factor .I shoot the /dually and I have a Cosmic sight as well and my bow shoot's very flat from the seped and arrow combination. The Cosmic will likely be my hunting sight and my Spott Hogg Real Deal will be my 3D rig. I'd go with the Pat since the Draw is much better than most bow's and you'll most likely find it an improvement to begin with.

nubo
Old 06-17-2004, 10:05 PM
nub

I think Gordy means if you shoot under 5 gr. per pound of draw, you'll be pushing your luck and warranty too far. []

I'm a Patriot dual cam man myself. At 70 lbs. with a 27.5 draw, it will still smoke. And its very hunter friendly if you ask me. If you don't struggle with 70 lbs., feel the power![8D]
Old 06-18-2004, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: nub

I think Gordy means if you shoot under 5 gr. per pound of draw, you'll be pushing your luck and warranty too far. []
.....yeah, what he said

Gordon

Quick Reply: Patriot vs. Liberty

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.