Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

I need some feedback on the Vital Bow Gear stuff.

Old 06-10-2004, 07:54 AM

Default I need some feedback on the Vital Bow Gear stuff.

Can anyone give me some feed back on the Vital Bow Gear Pro Slide sight and dropaway rest. Thanks.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:42 AM

Default RE: I need some feedback on the Vital Bow Gear stuff.

I have been using the pro slide for two years now and still think it is the best hunting sight out there. I still have never moved it while hunting but it is nice to have the slide for practicing at longer distances in the yard.

We sell the drop aways in the shop and I have put a few on. They seem like pretty good rest but they take some time to set up right. One thing I have noticed is that you have to raise your nocking point a little higher than normal to get the fletching to clear the containment part of the rest.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:20 AM

I have both on my Outback. I love the sight without a doubt. I totaly agree with oaktree on moving the nock. I have black marks on my fletching to prove it!

Other than that I am pleased with both products.

Old 06-10-2004, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oaktree, just curious as to if you've had any sucess in tuning one on a Bowtech Patriot. I have one of the drop away rests, but have been having a heck of a time getting fletching clerance on mine. I love the rest especially the containment part, but I got so frustrated trying to set it up right on my bow that I took it off and just put a Quicktune 3000 on it.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:55 PM
Spike

Anyone know if that Pro-Slide will work on a Hoty tec Riser??
Old 06-10-2004, 09:27 PM

I have not tried to put one on a patriot but I did try one on an Extreme VFT and couldn't get fletching clearance. This was before I discovered that you need to set the nock a little high. Basically you set the nock high enough that the arrow is above the berger hole when the rest is in the up position. But I havent tried it this way on the VFT since.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did you tie the lift string to the cable slide or did you serve it into the down buss cable? We seemed to get better clearance by tieing into the down buss cable rather than the cable slide.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:59 PM

We used the cable slide that was provided with the rest. The problem with clearance was that the vanes were hitting the containment arm of the rest. So by raising the nock and setting the rest at a higher position there is more space between the arrow and the rest when the rest falls away. One more thing I forgot to mention is the the shelf on the Exteme VFT is smaller than the shelf on the other Bowtechs which might have caused some of the problem.
Old 06-13-2004, 05:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Mike from Texas

Did you tie the lift string to the cable slide or did you serve it into the down buss cable? We seemed to get better clearance by tieing into the down buss cable rather than the cable slide.
Mike,
I have been testing out the Golden Key TKO dropaway on my 04 Pat VFT and it is so simple to set up and tune with no clearance issues. When I had the Vital Gear dropaway (it was SME then), I had to take the arrow holder off to not have contact. The TKO comes with a nifty arrow holder and I used the nonstretchy string and attached it to the cable slide and it works great. I also just put one on my Ext VFT and same thing, sweet !!
Old 06-13-2004, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well seeing as I spent almost $100 on this rest, I'm bound and determined to get to work. My local shop here has gotten it close but not perfect. Then again, they are not a dealer for the VBG rest. I think I'll try to take it to one of the shops around here that sells the things. Surely they've been through this already. I keep hearing lots of good things about Outdoor Pro Shops in Garland. Looks like it's time to take a little road trip.

Quick Reply: I need some feedback on the Vital Bow Gear stuff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.