Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Scent Elimination Clothing

Old 02-22-2002, 09:07 AM

Default Scent Elimination Clothing

What is the best clothing for the price and what are your experiences with different brands of scent eliminating apparel? Is it best to use the undersuit or to get the outerwear with the scent lining in it? I'm personally looking for something light and comfortable without a lot of insulation.
Old 02-22-2002, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scent Elimination Clothing

I use both a liner system and the outer camo. I also have both Scent-Lok and Scent Blocker suits.The Scent Blocker Ultralight suit I wear does tend to be less durable,but super effective. As far as your needs go with wanting a cool light system, than I would take a serious look at both of these companies leafy cut line-ups.
Old 02-22-2002, 10:21 AM

Cornfed, I was actually leaning towards the
Ultalite by Scent blocker plus. What are the
durablity issues with it and as far as the
leafy cut designs, are the leaves noisy and
I'm worried they would interfere with your draw and the strings.
Old 02-22-2002, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've found the Ultralight does have a tendacy to snag and tear.It seems to be a pretty cheap and thin fabric.I love the suit,don't get me wrong,it does work well.I don't want to say I really abuse the suit,but I do hunt hard and I have found the durability tested time and time again.When I have to access a stand,drag a deer or even scout way back in the briars and multiflora rose thickets I generally pick up a small tear or two.I had most of these rips and tears sowed up before this past hunting season and just tried to be a bit more carefull and that seemed to work out a little better.I just wish the suit had the strength of saddle cloth.
Old 02-22-2002, 07:46 PM

I have owned Scent Lok, Scent Blocker , and Supprescent clothing. My Supprescent by Browning are by far the best, most durable,and dont loose the carbon. The Scent Lok was pretty durable but lost some weight after a while, and the Scent Blocker just sort of fell apart after one season.
Old 02-22-2002, 07:59 PM
Typical Buck

HH-I've used my Scent-Lok liner system for 5 yrs. and ScentBlocker Plus Leafy-Lite suit for 3 yrs. I think they are both good products and I never go hunting without one or the other. The Leafy-Lite suit is great when temps are on the warm side...no problem with noise either....in colder weather, I wear my Scent-Lok liner system. I would agree with IL-Cornfed's posts.

TB