Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

made another target today

Old 06-08-2004, 07:17 PM

Default made another target today

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/...y/Pict0001.jpg
i use a coffe bag from a roaster in town stuffed with poly blankets. they usually last about 3 months, then i go get another bag and stuff the blankets back in. they work great for field tips. anyway, thought i'd show it to y'all since i got this camera working
Old 06-08-2004, 07:49 PM

Default RE: made another target today

Looks like it would work pretty good. I have made some with feedbags and old plastic grocery bags for the filling
Old 06-10-2004, 03:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bet it smells real good as well!
Old 06-10-2004, 04:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 5 shot

I bet it smells real good as well!
And when it rains, you've got instant coffee! BWAHAHAHAAHA

er...[&:]

ahem...

Nice target. What kind of speeds and energy do you have gibblet?
Old 06-10-2004, 06:19 AM

i shoot a 70lb, 29" draw, 2004 patriot sc with 27.5" gold tip 75/95's. after a couple rounds i take it down and step on it to even out the bunched blankets if i've been shooting groups. if i shoot too many rounds in groups without doing this it will begin to push the blankets through the backside. if i just shoot 1 arrow per dot i can shoot pretty much all day, but it lasts longer if i give it the stomp once in a while. i resorted to making them after blowing out every target i've bought - expensive ones - within 2 mos. and that includes putting little pieces of tape all over them for varied targets. free beats the heck out of $80 a pop. hanging it also extends its life. its truly a 1 finger pull out target. + i figured out my bow hangs nicely on the 3-d's ear behind it. i actually make a similar one to replace the 3-d's vitals - as i shoot out the store bought ones in a couple weeks. the deal with the roaster is awesome. we get 5 lbs of organic fair trade at a time - roasted usually that day- for $6/lb. that's a better price than gourmet coffe that's not organic. they usually charge me $2 for one of the large burlap bags, but gave me this one. i'll put up a pic with some 20 yd shots to let you see its stopping power later today. thanks for inquiry.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:41 PM

what do you do about the rain? does the burlap repel water.because if it dont you need some steady support and some extra blankets.i guess it could be covered up with a large plastic bag.
Old 06-12-2004, 06:31 AM

i put it on the porch if rain is expected.