Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

drop away rest

Old 06-08-2004, 05:05 AM
Spike

Default drop away rest

I am shooting a Fred Bear TRX 32 compound, mechanical release. Could you please give some preferences of you favourite arrow rests please. I am thinking about a drop away rest.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: drop away rest

QAD Ultra Rest.

Best

Dropaway

EVAR!

Old 06-09-2004, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would highly suggest a serious look at the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone. Click on the search icon and enter this rest and you'll quickly see how incredibly popualr this rest is. It has earned this reputation because it works flawlessly in every hunting situtaion and condition. A truly excellent product. One of my huntin'/shootin' buddies shoots a Fred Bear Epic Extreme and he LOVES his TR DZ, says it's the best performing, quietest, most accurate rest he's used. I certainly agree. Check one out.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:16 PM

QAD Ultra Rest.

Best

Dropaway

EVAR!
Jeff,

Are you getting that rest to work on all the Bowtech vft bows? I cant see how it would be much different that the TT rests - unless it falls faster, or is able to get up earlier.

Best is a strong word Jeff - I don't want to see good people eat crow......LOL

I am interested - tell me why this rest is "the best"..........
Old 06-09-2004, 01:39 PM
Typical Buck

the votes are in...<being handed and envelope>...<sound of envelope being torn open>...
and the winner is still...
Muzzy Zero Effect
<sounds of aplause and people cheering>
Old 06-09-2004, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I second the QAD Ultra Rest! Rack I like mine because you can lock it in the up position and it will totally contain the arrow so it can't fall out. Also unlike some other rests built like this you can draw and let down your bow and it will still stay up. I never have to worry about my arrow falling of my rest and making noise, and its great for stalking.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:26 PM
Typical Buck

So far I've had great luck w/ my TKO rest... it can be set up as a spring steel, standard or drop away. Very solid.. extremely simple to adjust.. and about 1/2 the price (about $40) of all the other options out there.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rack-attack
Jeff,

Are you getting that rest to work on all the Bowtech vft bows? I cant see how it would be much different that the TT rests - unless it falls faster, or is able to get up earlier.

Best is a strong word Jeff - I don't want to see good people eat crow......LOL

I am interested - tell me why this rest is "the best"..........
Chuck..that was slightly tounge in cheek ..I should have put a disclaimer in at the end ("that I have used")

They've put a bunch on the VFT bows (Mostly ExVFTs, a few Pats and some Liberty's) at the shop since last summer. No complaints yet..customers rave about them. I found out recently that the shop I help out is QADs largest volume account (EDIT: Not including mass merchants like Cabelas..talking Pro-shops)..they sell a ton of the things on Hoyts, on Martins, on PSEs, on BowTechs...singles, duals, hybrids..you name it.

I have not put them on any of my personal VFT bows (I have it on another bow), but I've seen enough on the VFT bows to know they are working, and working very well. The owner is shooting one on his 2K4 Pat SC with no contact whatsoever (helical vanes, cock vane up), at 280 FPS (CX 300s). Shoots bulletholes in paper and groups fixed blade heads as pretty as can be.

Nuge15 gave you a few reasons : Total containment which is awesome. Will not drop on a letdown (I've tried everything I could to get it drop on a letdown, and I can't make it do so).

If you forget to pull the launcher up, you can still draw the bow and the launcher will pick up the arrow like a TT or TKO.

Also..QUIET...quietest arrow rest, let alone drop-away rest, I've had in a long time. Just a soft "click" when it drops.

Drops super fast.

Just tie into the down cable (don't use the clamp they provide, it's crap).

The only thing I wish was different was that the launcher was not that hard delrin plastic or what have you. I'm sure it's plenty durable, but I would feel better with it being metal (then again it may not be so quiet if it was metal)..however thats just a nitpick..not a real concern.

I was skeptical at first but now..I'm totally satisfied. Unless I get some kind of catastrophic failure with it, another one will be going on my next bow. (I've got probably 700 arrows through it now without one problems so-far).
Old 06-10-2004, 09:04 AM

I love my trap door. No strings-attachments or anything else. Has not failed me yet. I have some friends that swear by that muzzy zero effect. Too big and bulky for me though. The trap door has not failed me yet. Quiets your bow significantly too.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:45 AM

I second the vote for T.R. Dropzone. It is a great rest but since I haven't shot too many other I really can't compare it to them.

I can tell you my DZ is quiet, easily adjusted, solid (I've heard problems with the launcher arm not dropping fast enough but personally haven't had that problem). I've been really impressed with the DZ and have no intension of changeing.

Quick Reply: drop away rest

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.