Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

drop away rest

Old 06-13-2004, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: drop away rest

ORIGINAL: JKT

JeffB.

Is there anything about this rest, QAD Ultra, that overcomes the problem of eneven vertical nock travel of SC's.
I believe there have been several theards that state that SC's with drop-a-ways produce inconsistent accuracy, i.e. flyers.

Thanks
As I said before, I have not tested it on any of my personal single cams. However my shop is using it with good success on many different singles (with and without good nock travel). The rest IME drops quicker than most, just from a visual perspective. I have no way of "timing" it to see if indeed it is dropping 1/10 of a second faster or what have you. If thats the case, then that is probably the reason it is working well on the singles with some nock travel. The shop also used to sell quite a few of the Dalton brand rests because they too dropped quickly enough for the VFT style bows. BowTech themselves highly recommends the Dalton after my shop turned them on to them. However set-up can be quite laborious and time consuming, and when the QAD came out, they stopped ordering the Dalton rests

At any rate, tuning drop-aways with poor nock travel bows can be a lesson in frustration.[:'(]
Old 06-13-2004, 08:48 AM

I've installed a few of the QADs, but not without increasing the spring tension.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:38 PM

JEFFB

Now I know who to blame for Tommy and Mike trying to sell me on the Ultra rest.......

Thanks but no thanks.............I'll stick to my MZE..................

It works great!
Old 06-14-2004, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Maccjo

JEFFB

Now I know who to blame for Tommy and Mike trying to sell me on the Ultra rest.......

Thanks but no thanks.............I'll stick to my MZE..................

It works great!
It's the other way around. I gave them the big "yeah..yeah, i'm sure it works so great" sarcastic comments for the past 10 months....reminds of a Dr. Seuss ryhme...

"You do not like them so you say, Try it, try it and you may..try it and you may I say"...

"Tommy, I f you let me be, I will try it, you will see...SAY! I LIKE This QAD rest..It's better than All the rest! And I would try them on a BowTech and on an UltraTech, and on a Pearson, and even on one of Matt McPhersons...

I do SO LIKE the QAD..it's the BEST , it's better than all the Rest!"

[&:][8D]
Old 06-14-2004, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dude...

You got issues...

As if you didn't know it...

Old 06-14-2004, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

i am going to get one!
Old 06-14-2004, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rangeball

Dude...

You got issues...

As if you didn't know it...

Thats what happens when you read friggin Dr. Seuss every night of the week for 2 years.

I didn't have any issues 'til I sttled down and had a family (well, not many )...and then women wonder why men have mid-life crisis'

As for the MZE. I cannot say one way or the other. I've had a very intense aversion to it from the get-go. I just don't like anything that is driven off the cable slide, and the ones I've heard are too noisy for my tastes, but I understand they work quite well. :shrug:

But by all means everyone should shoot what they like regardless of make or manufacturer..just relating my positive experiences w/ the QAD
Old 06-14-2004, 05:59 PM

I was at the BowTech factory last week and they are moving towards a new drop away by Dalton Archery called the Mirage 5000. I picked one up for my Pat SC because I was getting bad contact with my Schaffer. The Dalton has to be one of the easiest rests to set up, and drops away very quickly. Also, the shape of the launcher eliminates the need for an arrow holder on the front of the riser like some of the other rests.

Check them out at www.daltonarchery.com
Old 06-14-2004, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WA Shooter

The Dalton has to be one of the easiest rests to set up
Not in my experience..that is unless the 2004s are improved. It's like an old TM hunter with all the lock collars. I suppose though is you set up enough of them, like anything else, it becomes routine

...and drops away very quickly.
Agreed

Also, the shape of the launcher eliminates the need for an arrow holder on the front of the riser like some of the other rests.
Absolutely! The Dalton Launcher is the best I've seen. The guys out at BowTech love it because they do alot of (mostly)spot & stalk hunting for Wapiti and it works great for that purpose
Old 06-15-2004, 10:56 AM

JEFFB

Wow from momentum/KE to tuneing and equipment.............
Now Dr. Seuss.........I'm impressed
And I know how ya feel reading those crazy rhymes every night!!!
But I wish I didn't have to read Hop On Pop 3-4 times a week[&:]

Quick Reply: drop away rest

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.