Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

drop away rest

Old 06-12-2004, 02:56 AM
Spike

Default RE: drop away rest

JeffB thank you, it does help.
Old 06-12-2004, 08:13 AM

Trap Door....I love it
Old 06-12-2004, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

I've been putting off buying a dropaway rest. This is not the first time I have seen or heard such raves about the QAD Ultrarest. A nearby pro shop carries several different brands, but the QAD is outselling the others 2 to 1 the owner told me. The shop owner and his 2 sons use them exclusively on their hunting bows now, thats how much they like them. Maybe its time I quit being so tight and try one. $89 sound about right for the QAD Ultra?
Old 06-12-2004, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah Cougar thats how much Cabelas sells them for so I doubt you'll find anything cheaper. My shop is overpriced because it is small so I payed more but it was still worth it.
Old 06-12-2004, 05:58 PM

Take a look at the new HHA TN-1000 drop away rest! It looks similiar to the Trophy Taker but should be around $20.00 cheaper and should be more silent also!!!
Old 06-12-2004, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag
$89 sound about right for the QAD Ultra?
I believe Keystone Country Sports has them for about $78. That's the best price I've seen. But since your local dealer sells a ton, I supect it may be wise to let them set it up...IME most dropaways have some (or a lot of) quirks that need to be adressed in set-up, and obviously the shops selling a ton (of whatever rest) will start to learn the nuances.
Old 06-12-2004, 08:50 PM

Gentlemen:
I'd like to put my two cents worth in. I would suggest giving the Vital Bow Gear Ultimate Fall Away rest a look. It holds your arrow, even when your bow is upside down, and is almost indestructible. Very good rest for the money.
Old 06-12-2004, 09:09 PM
JKT

JeffB.

Is there anything about this rest, QAD Ultra, that overcomes the problem of eneven vertical nock travel of SC's.
I believe there have been several theards that state that SC's with drop-a-ways produce inconsistent accuracy, i.e. flyers.

Thanks
Old 06-13-2004, 05:57 AM
Spike

OK, I started this.... Now the way I see it guys, it is (in my mind) an even race between the QAD ultra and the TRAP door. Now convince me one way or the other please. My immediate thoughts are the string on the QAD - just some thing else t adjust or to break you know what I mean?
Old 06-13-2004, 07:17 AM
Typical Buck

The Muzzy does not have any strings to break!

Quick Reply: drop away rest

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.