Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

drop away rest

Old 06-10-2004, 10:09 AM

Default RE: drop away rest

Jeff - thanks dude.

Sounds good and I will buy a few and check em out. I need to find a drop away I can sell with confedence on the Bowtechs. The Drop Zone and TT and QT fallaway .............I can't. I have found the Muzzy to work well (If there is enough cable slide travel).

Old 06-10-2004, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rack-attack

Jeff - thanks dude.

Sounds good and I will buy a few and check em out. I need to find a drop away I can sell with confedence on the Bowtechs. The Drop Zone and TT and QT fallaway .............I can't. I have found the Muzzy to work well (If there is enough cable slide travel).

I do know that they usually don't have enough windage adjustment for the duals, but they are just squeaking by on the singles.

I would give at least one a try and see what ya think. The bow tech at the shop knows all the little tricks to get 'em set-up right (how much tension/length in the cable, etc)... let me know if ya have any probs, and I'll pick his brain. I admittedly didn't set mine up myself (maybe thats why it works so good? [:-]), cos' I left the bow with them to get it lasered and leveled.
Old 06-11-2004, 05:37 AM
Spike

Thank you for the reply, could you please give me the full unabbreviated name of the rest you suggest (TKO). As I cannot find an outlet for it.
Old 06-11-2004, 07:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll give a vote on Muzzy Zero Effect ,I love mine and it work's flawlessly.

nubo
Old 06-11-2004, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: trevwill

Thank you for the reply, could you please give me the full unabbreviated name of the rest you suggest (TKO). As I cannot find an outlet for it.
The TKO (thats the name) is made by Golden Key Futura.

The Trophy Taker (TT) is made by Trophy Taker.

the Drop Zone (DZ) is made by Trophy Ridge

The QuickTune series (QT2000 and QT4000) are made by New Archery Products (NAP)

The rest I'm suggesting is the Quality Archery Designs (QAD) Ultra.

Hope that helps
Old 06-11-2004, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cussword, Jeff, I just had my mind all set on going with a WB this fall...

Cuss you... just... Cuss you...

Did you wrap fleece or moleskin around the delrin launcher? If not, any plans to do so, or not at all necessary?

I suppose it'd still be quiet with ACCs?

Cuss you...
Old 06-11-2004, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rangeball

Cussword, Jeff, I just had my mind all set on going with a WB this fall...

Cuss you... just... Cuss you...
I can feel the love!...[&:]

Did you wrap fleece or moleskin around the delrin launcher? If not, any plans to do so, or not at all necessary?
It comes with it's own pre-cut very short napped fleece to fit the launcher and the top bar, and I've been using it since day one. It's wearing very well..just a bit smoothed out from drawing the arrow.

I suppose it'd still be quiet with ACCs?
Silent.

Cuss you...
You knew that I was getting one, Mr. "Seen this yet?". And I told ya I'd give ya the straight skinny after I'd shot the pi$$ out of it. And I believe you answered "please do".

Yeesh...some thanks I get

Seriously. This is the best dropaway I've used yet. I cannot compare it to the MZE or a DZ since I've not used them personally, but among the ones I have used, the QAD works much better IME. Like I said, I was skeptical. My shop has been selling the heck out of them, and if they were not working, they wouldn't sell 'em..I'm not going to say it will work perfectly on every bow, or for everyone, 'cos there are always variables in individual set-ups, but I talked to a bunch of customers at the shop who had been shooting them for several months and not one of them complains about it..quite the oppposite in fact :shrug:

The only "real" problems I've seen is not enough windage on some of the BowTechs, and on the Hoyt Tec risers, you cannot get a normal allen wrench in it to adjust the centershot, so they (the tech @ the shop) custom cut a bunch of single- allen key wrenches so you can, and give them to the customer when they buy the rest/have it set-up.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

You knew that I was getting one, Mr. "Seen this yet?". And I told ya I'd give ya the straight skinny after I'd shot the pi$$ out of it. And I believe you answered "please do".
Quit trying to use facts against me...

This rest has intrigued me for sometime. I'm just too cheap to be the guinea pig

Knowing what you posted, it will get a hard hard look from this point forward. Let's see, Father's day is coming up...

Old 06-11-2004, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rangeball, I took the fleece they used on mine off, because slits are cut into it to make it form to the U shaped launcher. Well one of the slits was lined up right where my arrow sits so I tried to adjust it and it wouldn't stick the same. So I cut a piece of moleskin about 1cm wide by 1 1/2 long and put it right on the bottome of the U. I then cut thin pieces for the side. It works really well! My pro shop is selling them like crazy as well. One of the guys that works there said that out of 45 that he has put on this year 23 of them shot bullet holes right when he put them on.
Old 06-11-2004, 07:04 PM
Typical Buck

This is the best drop-away I have ever seen.
The new HTM.
It is a monster strong built drop-away.
I'm getting one for my Accu-Riser Type 2 when it's available in silver.
It can be used conventional also by fliping a switch.

Sag.

Quick Reply: drop away rest

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.