Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

cuddeback digital scouting camera

Old 06-03-2004, 09:21 PM

Default cuddeback digital scouting camera

Does anybody here have a Cuddeback camera? I bought one a while ago. I talked to a guy who had one and he really liked it and he had some really good pictures, so I bought one for $300 on ebay. I never have good luck with it. I mostly use it on easy mode so far, I think it is taking pictures of any movement (wind, etc.) and it always says the batteries failed, even after a little use.

Does anybody else have any reviews or advice?
Old 06-04-2004, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: cuddeback digital scouting camera

supaarcher - First welcome to the board. I purchased one back in September. I got some real nice pictures with it all fall. When it got cold out I started to get the batteries failed message like you are getting. I have been useing energizer max batteries. This spring I put it out and it has been running on the same set of batteries for 5 weeks. As for taking pictures of nothing mine didn't do that last fall but is doing that know. On another forum I was told not to face the camera into the sun. The sensor is heat and motion activited. I guess if you face it to the sun that will heat it up and then a branch moving will set it off. Next trip out I will be pointing mine to the north.

Another thing I just learned it how to take video with it. The video is not very good though. Over all I was happy with it but now I am building my own. I have a sony p32 camera, a pelican 1060 case and I have a board ordered. You can get info to build from [link]http://hagshouse.com/[/link] It is a real good site (thanks arkansasbohunter for showing me the site)

If you want to email me at [email protected] I can send you some pictures that I got from mine both good and bad. Also if you have any other questions I would be happy to help with what I can.