Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bowtech mighty mite

Old 06-07-2004, 05:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: bowtech mighty mite

The Radarchron that I tinkered with this past winter was within 3-4 fps of the other two chronos I was playing with at the time. What do you have on the string?...factory hush kit?...anything else? Is it an actual 29 inch draw or a bit more. That speed is very good for that bow. I would be happy for sure if I were in your shoes.
Old 06-07-2004, 06:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Update on "our situation"

Well as it turns out I took the Extreme out for a shoot behind MM's back had a hell of a time and won first place (kinda cheesy trophy though).

I shot a 291 out of a 300 count at the shoot, 40 yard max. I blew a 40 yard shot at a broadside tukey and got a 5 on it. It was a tuff shot for sure. It was the first time the Extreme and I have spent any time together for about 5 weeks or so. Not to shabby of a score for blowing the dust off of it.

It, destiny, will bring the Patriot SC and I together I can feel it. I believe the MM will go curbside to make room for a new Patriot. I will keep the Extreme for some side fun. It is a damn fine shooter for it going against all the rules of a "forgiving" bow.

Anyone know anyone looking for a 04 MM?
I never turned the warranty card in, If so I may know of one for sale.<----This is not, I repeat this is not an attempt to solicit a sale on the BBS. Just passing on some info

Old 06-07-2004, 09:18 PM

PABowhunter-
This is what I have on the bow: The hush kit remains except for the string (still have those "bowjack silencer things" on the cables). I replaced them with cat wiskers - trimmed to about 1.5" each - they are set about 3" from the idler wheel and cam (not served, just tied), I removed the nock, and have a string loop only, with a "no - lose" peep sight (magnum). My present rest is a QT 2000 drop-away. I installed limbsavers in addition to the vibra-blocks, but slid the vibra-blocks toward the end of the limbs (toward the cam and idler wheel). The draw is probably more like 29.5" since I played with the draw stop on the infinity cam. I checked it today to make sure, and here is what I shot (arrowspeed radarchron): Arrow - Goldtip XT 55/75 - 27.2", 3 - 4" left-helical gateway feathers (4 degree offset). At 65 lbs DW I shot a 3-shot average of 305 FPS with a 100g tip (field point) - Total arrow weight = 375g . With a 75g field tip (350g), I shot a 3 shot average of 313 FPS. I use 100g for hunting. I will hunt at around 60 lbs DW. Before I put the limbsavers on, there was a noticable hand shock, but now - it's quiet AND fast! It's amazing sometimes how 2 identicle bows set up the same can shoot the same arrow at different speeds.
Old 06-08-2004, 03:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's definitely a keeper!
Old 06-08-2004, 08:41 PM

Shazaam! Yeah...I'd hang on to that one.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:45 PM

Buckeye, nice pic and congratulations on your win!! I agree that the '04 Patriot VFT has the best of all features for mainly hunting and some "all but serious" 3D shooting.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:16 AM

I call it my pocket rocket - at 29" DL and 65 lbs DW, it zips my 375g arrows at 309 fps. 79 lbs of KE is plenty, and at 65 lbs,

Sorry to be the bearer of the bad news but it ain't so. Your chrono Or your scale Or your DL is way off.

The bow only maxes out at 65 lbs.
Never seen a Bowtech that does not hit or go over its max poundage.

Are you using a hand held scale? - because those are famous for showing 10 lbs low. I would guess you are shooting over 70lbs and very close to 30"
Old 06-09-2004, 02:33 PM

Are you using a hand held scale? - because those are famous for showing 10 lbs low
Yes, I am using a handheld scale, and I do hear that they are low - especially at the higher poundage levels. Also - good guess that my DL is over 29". I played around with the draw stop on the infinity cam to increase my DL, so I would guess it's around 29.5". I went to the local pro-shop to compare my arrowspeed chrono to theirs. Using the same arrows out of my MM, there was a difference between the two chronos - but only about 3 fps on average. The wierd thing is that my chrono would be 2-4 fps faster than theirs on one arrow, and then 1-3 fps slower on the next[:@]. So I really didn't prove anything other than they are all subject to a percentage error. The pro-shop also had a handheld scale (only) - on my bow it measured 67 lbs. Regardless, the deer aren't impressed with how fast an arrow is anyway. Now if I could just get one within 30 yds.
Old 06-12-2004, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well I sold the MM. I got $475 out of it.

Out with the old in with the new