Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

mathew outback

Old 06-03-2004, 05:29 AM

Default RE: mathew outback

Sorry for my late answer, we have 7 hours more time to NW City.
We hunt the "sanglier". It 's same as your russian wild boar. The biggest 're up to 200 pounds, and you need shoot compound up to 65 lbs and 650 grains arrow weight
http://images.google.fr/images?q=san...cherche+Google
We've to the "chevreuil", it's a small deer with six point maximum and 60 pound for the biggest : http://images.google.fr/images?hl=fr...tnG=Rechercher
Another big game is the "cerf", deer in english, it's a different family of your wapiti :http://images.google.fr/images?hl=fr...tnG=Rechercher
The bowhunting is at the beginning in my country, we're legal betwenn 1995, and i think we're 5000 bowhunter in France.
The shooters coice in first the traditionnal bow (because most of them hunt the small game and chevreuil) !
The big game is expensive to hunt and the gun hunter 're not all friendly with archery !
In my hunting aƩra i can hunt 5 or 6 big game per year, and i hunt more to 100 day per year.
I'm happy to have found your forum for have an another think of mind about bowhunter !
@+
Fred
Old 06-03-2004, 07:57 AM

Sorry if you guys think i was bashing mathews i just didnt like the feel of it.. And yes i did like it when i frist shot it but when the pro shop got one in that was my spec the more i shot it the more i didnt like it.. (Could of been just that bow.. ) I dont know why this is a big shock to everyone i have heard the same thing from different people.Yes i do have a 2004 bowtech mighty mite i like the bow but it has a harsh draw cycle(the speed has to come from somewhere). The xtec is a very nice bow but i like ata 33 and under... Only thing i was trying to say is the outback is a nice bow for some people but to me i dont like it...
Old 06-03-2004, 08:09 AM

As far as the Hooked on Phonics thing i learn from the best CDM SC!!!
Old 06-03-2004, 08:36 AM

As far as the Hooked on Phonics thing i learn from the best CDM SC!!!
That would be CBM ............and I'm glad to help !!

Your last post was much more thought out , readable, and understandable ! I would have placed a lot more value on what you said originally if it had been worded more like that...... instead of Outback [:'(]...........Mathews sucks.......blah blah blah !!
Old 06-03-2004, 09:07 AM

I never said mathews sucked I just said there not for me!!
Old 06-03-2004, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oniedaeagle, I was looking through the archives and I found at least ten ppl who said this was a very smooth drawing bow if not the smoothest they have ever tested. Something could have been wrong with the bow.
Old 06-03-2004, 10:17 AM

They are a very smooth bow but the two that i shot at 3/4 draw it felt like some thing rubbing.
Old 06-03-2004, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Fred in France, I learned something new today!

Now back to the debate at hand- the Mathews Outback is or is not the $700 dollar mistake?

I myself never even drew one when I was bow shopping, but am sure it's a very worthy bow for the competition to have to compete with.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

I'm sticking with my Outback. By the way, Bill in Folkston, Ga will sell you an Outback for $609.00, or Van Morgan in Panama City, Fl will get you one for only $629.00. Both are honost guys that will set you up with either a Mathews or Hoyt wich ever one fits "you" the best. Both guys are completely un-biased. I'm not sure I would pay $700.00 for a bare bones bow from any manufacture unless they come up with one that will put out 350 fps, with a 8 1/2 BH, 34" ATA, less recoil then a BB gun and as quiet as Osama Binlauden in a room full of Navy Seals.
Old 06-05-2004, 08:56 PM

i looked at the outback the other day at the pro shop. i thought it was smooth and all, buti really didnt like the short ATA. thats why i picked an LX. i thought the Hoyt Xtec was pretty nice too. I just liked the LX a bit better. This is my second bow, previous being a 4 year old PSE Nova that i used last year, so im not real biased when it comes to buying a bow i guess. anything is better than that thing. oneida did sound pretty biased against mathews. it seems like with mathews, you either love 'em or you hate 'em. everybody is either singing their praises or bashing them because they're producing great bows, i still can't figure out what their is to bash about them. Them, Hoyt, and Bowtech have equally nice bows IMHO.

slayer

Quick Reply: mathew outback

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.