Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

mathew outback

Old 06-02-2004, 02:23 PM

Default RE: mathew outback

Hi,
I'm the new frenchy,
In Europe Hoyt is the better sale for the up grade bows.
Mathews have some difficult to increase the market, because they don't have draw lengh tunning, and the shop hate to buy them.
Bow Tech is unknow except for the man (like as me) who go to the Ata show.
In my shop (the biggest Bowhunter proshop in France http://www.erhartsl.com) we like Mathews because the bows 're quiet and accuracy. Mathews 're the first choice on our shooting aera !
It's important to know that in France we're on the beginning of the Bowhunting history, and the shooters don''t choice with the heart because the big part of them begin to bowshooting, and don' know the différents bows company !
I think personnaly that it's not very important to like a bow against an other (exept for the sailer as me), just the exiting when we hurt the Buck comming give to the bowhunter the fun of our activity
I 'm happy to have found this forum, i thing it help me to learn your language and your knowledge about bowhunting !
Thank,
Fred from France
Old 06-02-2004, 02:51 PM
Spike

Well, dang it, I was going to buy an Outback, but since you don't like them I won't.

What accesories don't you like?

Dayton
Old 06-02-2004, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just bought a outback and I love it! I don't know if I understood correctly because your sentences were scattered and made little sense, but you said that you like the outback and you were going to get it and then all of the sudden you noticed something in the draw? That doesn't make sense, maybe something was wrong with the bow. Mine draws very smoothly and couldn't ask for a better bow.
Old 06-02-2004, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmm..I find the draw cycle not quite as nice on the OB as the other Mathews HP cam bows, but I don't think it's "harsh" by any means, and the total lack of anything at the shot is quite nice.

May not be the bow for you, but AFAIC it's a damn nice shooting bow.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm guessing things must be a bit slow in Oneidaeagle land. Wasn't it just last week you posted something about shooting several bows, and then said that the Hoyt X-tec was your choice, then after several people posted, you jokingly said that you really meant the Mathews Outback, which you described as pretty close to perfect.[:-]

Now you are describing the "perfect bow" as a 700 dollar mistake?

I don't shoot Mathews any more (had two), but everything I have heard about the Outback sounds like it is a very nice bow. Hardly sounds like a $700 mistake. Almost no company is producing really bad bows these days. People just seem to prefer certain features, draw, shot feel, etc.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:00 PM

I think it was the title of his post and basically that he came across as hating the Outback more than he liked the other bows. It comes across more as bashing than just giving personal preferences.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:20 PM
Spike

Oniedaeagle, you are really into archery. A week ago you posted that you own a 2004 Bowtech Mighty Mite. On 5-24 you bought an X-Tec. On 5-27 you agreed with "Trestand" that the Hoyt grips and risers are too skinny. Today you bought a RazorTec. You are one lucky guy to have the pocket cash for that many 2004 bows. I can't swing a new one right now, are you getting rid of any of them? And you really liked the Outback a few days ago.

Life is funny.

Dayton
Old 06-02-2004, 08:39 PM

First let me say that I'm new to the BB and bowhunting. So, take everything I say with a grain (or ten) of salt...

I recently shot an Outback, an Xtec, an 03 Extreme VFT, and an 04 Justice. The guy at the proshop (LA Archery in Pineville, LA) set them all up the same (naked with a Bodoodle rest) and didn't say a thing about the bows until I was done shooting all of them. I really wanted to hate the Mathews since they seem to pay everyone to shoot their bows. Guess what? I liked the Outback the best. I thought it was the smoothest drawing, most hand-shock free, most comfortable, quietest bow of the bunch. I'd be proud to own any of them and I'm pretty sure I could shoot accurately with any of them. Still, I liked the Mathews the best. And I don't own a Mathews.

It's funny to a newbie how polarizing the whole bow debate is. Mathews folks seem to think every other bow sucks, Hoyt folks may be more rabid than Mathews folks, and everybody else says Mathews and Hoyt are crap. I've found that all the "high-end" bows have many redeeming qualities and I think just about anyone could be successful (hunting and 3D) with any of them if they were properly set up.

I've been shooting my AR a ton since I bought it last fall. Haven't hunted with it yet (deer, anyway, I've killed a hog at 22 yrds) but I can't wait until 9/11 for GA archery season to start. I may not rifle hunt at all this year...
Old 06-03-2004, 01:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Ranger690

Well, dang it, I was going to buy an Outback, but since you don't like them I won't.

What accesories don't you like?

Dayton
i think you need to try all the bow you can befor buying and make your choice youself with your felling !
@+
Old 06-03-2004, 04:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Fred, One quick question- what kind of game is there to hunt in France?

Quick Reply: mathew outback

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.