Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Not quite yet summer pick you up

Old 06-02-2004, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Not quite yet summer pick you up

I know this isn't the bowhunting forum, but most of us here are bowhunters, so I thought I'd share this here.

This morning my Dad told me he saw a big bodied buck in his lane about 10 pm last night. Said it's rack was "HUGE"...

It "only" has a few more months to grow, and is hanging around one of my hunting spots...

If this needs some technical aspect to stay here, he was viewing the creature with the new halogen bulbs in a '04 Chevy Impala, said the lighting was excellent compared to previous years offerings

I now return you to your regular summer type no bowhunting doldrums...
Old 06-02-2004, 12:57 PM

Default RE: Not quite yet summer pick you up

Quite interesting!! did your father take note of the voltage and amperage draw on the power supply while viewing the deer. Also what was the engine RPM at the moment of and the length of, the duration of the viewing. Also did he note any change in his heart rate and comfort level of the temperature setting inside the automobile, while viewing this creature??
Old 06-02-2004, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know... I went straight to trying to figure out where the buck came from, was headed, and will be in 3 months and 28 days...
Old 06-02-2004, 05:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

I guess this is a good sign for thing's to come and look forward to this up coming fall ,you never know when that buck and you might cross path's .now start dreaming.

nubo
Old 06-03-2004, 05:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

May I ask why he was not using one of those new fangled 3.5 million candlepower spotlights? I have been thinking of pickin' one up myself. One can never have too much light for spotting.

(Spotlighting in PA is legal before 11 pm.)

As for the deer.....good luck. It sounds like a bruiser. I put my game cam out on Sunday so I hope to have some nice pics to share with you guys this weekend.
Old 06-03-2004, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

May I ask why he was not using one of those new fangled 3.5 million candlepower spotlights? I have been thinking of pickin' one up myself. One can never have too much light for spotting.

(Spotlighting in PA is legal before 11 pm.)
Cause it's illegal in IL...

It's a.o.k. to run a sharpened stick through their gizzard, just don't "harrass" them...

As for the deer, there's been a "monster" spotted in that territory every year, but never by me, and typically not during hunting hours. Typical.
Old 06-03-2004, 08:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Cause it's illegal in IL...
Considering your earlier post I find that amusing because I think it is illegal in PA to spotlight deer with your vehicle's headlights.....
Old 06-03-2004, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

True, but it's kind of hard to avoid when they walk out in front of you in the night...

Intentionally doing so is illegal in IL too...
Old 06-03-2004, 10:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

True, but it's kind of hard to avoid when they walk out in front of you in the night...

Intentionally doing so is illegal in IL too...
"Technically speaking, I do not know why "I" was driving through that cornfield Officer but I swear the deer just walked right in front my car...."

I am sure that some idget came out with that classic one liner....
Old 06-03-2004, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

You been stalking me?

Creative direction adjustment of applied forward momentum has the side effect of scanning most fields quite nicely...

Quick Reply: Not quite yet summer pick you up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.