Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Release point

Old 06-02-2004, 06:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default Release point

I just bought a new jennings and it feels totally different from my old one. With this new bow I have to put my knuckles on the bone behind my ear. Does this sound like the draw length is too long or is this normal? I would rather be on my jawbone but when I do that I cannot see through the peep. Any suggestions?
Old 06-02-2004, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Release point

I have very little doubt it is too long. If you happen to think it feels to long then it is. For a quick check just measure your wingspan and divide this by 2.5. Should give you a quick idea of what you should be using. Then measure the bow. Do not trust the sticker on the bottom limb. Most bows draw longer than marked. Taking an educated guess I'm going to put it on the line and say your bow is about two inches too long. Most people draw that much too long when they think they have it right. And as for seeing through the peep, you'll just have to adjust it up or down and try some with different size holes. You don't need to draw a peep back to your eyeball to see through it.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Release point

your draw is definately too long

I am not sure but isnt jennings a modular change?

once you get the proper draw length you will probably have to adjust the peep to where you normally anchor.