Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Extreme VFT

Old 05-31-2004, 02:02 PM

Default Extreme VFT

I want to purchase an Bowtech and the Extreme '04 interest me , but the Patriot '04 interest me too !

Can you tell what are the main diffrence between them !!!

I want a bow for hunting only ! , i make stalking and treestand hunting an half .

Thanks in advance
Old 05-31-2004, 03:31 PM

Default RE: Extreme VFT

I do not own a extreme or a patriot but am planning own buying one before too long.I have shot both of them though and the patriot was a little smoother to me.I think it was because of the higher brace height.The patriot has bearings in the cam and idler wheel while the extreme has bushings I think and the patriot is about an inch shorter axle to axle also.They both felt great to me though.My dealer sells the extreme for $615 and the patriot for $689 so a little price difference also.I bought the new Justice vft this year and love it I just want another bow because I sold my old bow and I like to have 2 just in case.The birth certificate on the patriot that I shot was 311fps and the extremes was 315 a 4 fps difference.Both were 29" 71lbs 350 grain arrow specs.I am leaning more toward the patriot myself but either one you choose you can not go wrong.You will love em they are both fast,quite,and smooth shooters.
Old 05-31-2004, 10:31 PM

The two bows in question have different cams. The '04 Patriot VFT has the new Infinity cam with bearings as mentioned but also has a much smoother draw force curve than the '04 Extreme VFT. The Extreme VFT is essentially the same bow as last year but with the new camo pattern. Try both and let us know which way you went
Old 05-31-2004, 10:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Patriot also has pivoting limb pockets,the vft does not
Old 06-02-2004, 01:06 PM

thanks to all

just another question , with the bearings on the Pat '04 there is a big difference of smoothness draw force curve than the Ext '04 or a few.

thanks in advance
Old 06-02-2004, 01:08 PM
Fork Horn

I have a 2003 Extreme VFT Camo,right hand,60-70 pound draw weight,29" draw length that I need to sell.If anyone is interested,send me a e-mail to [email protected] Bow was only used last hunting season.Also has Winners Choice string and cable,and Limb Savers installed.Bow is in mint condition.
Old 06-02-2004, 01:59 PM

Hi, Ken Rose

i 've you notice some improvement with the WC string and cable on your Extreme VFT.

thanks .
Old 06-03-2004, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

With the Winners Choice string and cable,you have PERFECT peep rotation EVERYTIME you draw your bow,and NO serving seperation at all around the cam,or the center serving where you place your nocking point.If anyone is interested in buying my Extreme Vft,I'm asking $450 with shipping in the lower 48 States.I also have this bow over in the classifieds.
Old 06-06-2004, 07:45 AM

Lynx,

I have an 03 Ext VFT and an 04 Pat VFT and both are really nice bows for me. IF I had to choose one over the other, it would be the Pat VFT. It is smoother drawing IMO, has about .5" more brace height and I have to admit, this is the quietest bow I ever owned. The limbs are more parallel than the 03 model Ext. VFT. I really like the Ext VFT as well. The I cam is just awesome for me.

One thing I did was to shoot these bows side by side with others and that is where you really see the differences and can make a much better choice. Goodluck with the one you choose , they are an awesome bow !