Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Patriot VFT Question

Old 06-02-2004, 10:54 AM

Default RE: Patriot VFT Question

Mark:

If you think for one minute that I'm going to install lasers on the ends of your limbs while you're trying to hold at full draw, think again. As you know, I have a Hooter Shooter but don't use it for this purpose. I have a custom machine to do this job. It's basically a vertical 'crank board' on wheels that I move around the shop to do laser and DL checks.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:43 AM
Typical Buck

Len, you aren't inplying that I can't hold steady enough/long enough for you to get proper readings are you?
The real reason for asking about a Hooter shooter or similar piece of equipment is to illustrate that the "home" technician may need more specialized tools and would probably be better off visiting their PRO shop to get some help.

A tool like a hooter shooter starts at like $1200, which is much more that getting PROfessional help and having it done right the first time...
Old 06-02-2004, 12:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

The "datum relativity" is questioning whether or not that surface where the sight is mounted is machined to a datum, and whether or not the addition of limbs and strings under tension are twist the riser in the sight area causing that area to no longer be relative to the datum point.
Ah, much clearer now.

Old 06-02-2004, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Len in Maryland
The "datum relativity" is questioning whether or not that surface where the sight is mounted is machined to a datum, and whether or not the addition of limbs and strings under tension are twist the riser in the sight area causing that area to no longer be relative to the datum point. [
One brand in particular I know of is just awful when you put the laser on them due to these issues...if you go by the laser the centershot would be inside centerline of the grip about 1/2" sometimes..other times it's WAYYY outside of center.

Scary[:'(]