Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whats wrong with me ???

Old 05-31-2004, 07:32 AM

Default Whats wrong with me ???

I can't stop thinking about how nice it would be to have a powerful bow like the Black Max 2.With my 27.5" draw,,I like the idea of shooting the most hard hitting bow I can get my hands on.I have shot friends bows that had short BH,in the 5" to 5 1/2" range,with no problems.I have good form,so I'm thinking the BM 2 could grow on me very nicely.
I could also shoot a 450 grn.carbon w/mech.heads,,and KNOW that I was going to blow through a whitetail from my lofty perch.
Somebody talk me down,,or sympathize,,,
Old 05-31-2004, 07:34 AM

Default RE: Whats wrong with me ???

buy it buy it buy it..... sorry.
Old 05-31-2004, 07:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not trying to talk you down from this idea ,since this bow might suit you perfect .I bought the Patriot /dually and I'll tell you this bow has some very serious KE so in a sence I would agree with you.I was told by some of the folk's on this forum that the Dually wouldn't be very good for hunting but I've been shooting this bow regularly and it took some adjustment's to get used to because these bow's have such a narrow valley that you have to have good form and a solid anchor or this bow will want to let loose apposed to the liberty which you'd be able to hold back with such ease for hunting and not have to worry about it wanting to let loose .

nubo
Old 05-31-2004, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another line of bows that are screaming fast are the Martin's with the Nitrous cams. I'm shooting a 3D setup, but at 27.5" draw and 55lbs it's getting 290+fps. At 58lbs it does 304fps. Not bad considering that the bow draws a lot easier than the Bowtech. Try a look at the Martin SlayR or Cougar Mag with Nitrous cams.
Old 05-31-2004, 03:11 PM

BGfisher,,what weight is your arrow ??.It has to be too light for hunting,,yes,no,??
Old 05-31-2004, 04:25 PM

It is not the simple. Increased FPS does not always and automatically compute to greater KE and penetration.
Old 05-31-2004, 04:33 PM

I would never shoot such a low brace height while hunting on a cold New York morning. I would have a hard time keeping the string from hitting my heavy hunting jacket - arm guard or not.
Old 05-31-2004, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you have a winning combination and are confident why would you want to change?
Old 05-31-2004, 07:01 PM
nub

Somebody talk me down
Shoot one and we won't have too.[:'(]
Old 05-31-2004, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

I used to have a Mathews Zmax.. basically the previous version of the Black Max. It was terribly critical to shoot. The slightest hand torque and you missed the whole target.

I too looked at the BM 2 when I was looking for a new bow... But after talking to everyone I ended up w/ a Bowtech Patriot Dually. This is an extremely forgiving bow for as fast as it is. I can't seem to miss the bulls eye w/ this bow. Only problem w/ this bow is that it's costing me too much $$$ in arrows... keep robbin hooding the damn things.

If you want something w/ even more speed.. look at the Bowtech Black Knight... Kevin's was the fastest at the ATA show this year (much to Mathew's dismay!!!) w/ 360+ fps (don't remember exact #'s right now.. too many beers).

Mathews Catch up if you can!!!

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with me ???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.