Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

patriot single cam to dually?

Old 05-31-2004, 07:09 AM

Default patriot single cam to dually?

is it possible to convert my 2004 patriot single cam to a patriot dually? i think i like 2 cams better than 1, like my old black knight dually.
Old 05-31-2004, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: patriot single cam to dually?

Gibblet! I think it's is possible since early this season when I ordered my Pat Dually they sent me a Patriot Vft 2004 with 2003 dually mod's, there was a space between the bearing's between the limb's and the bearing. But I think that was just the difference between 2004 bow versus 2003 mod's .If the mod's were 2004 and you got the sealed bearing's and your bow is a 2004 model I think it would work., the 2004 are sealed bearing's where on the previous year they were not. If you e-mail Pat Dinnan at BowTech he could give you some valid advice on this .I am giving you his address so mail him .If your bow is a 2004 you might lose any warranty you might have on your bow, this might be something you might want to think about.
Good luck to you .
Pat Dinnan [email protected]

nubo
Old 05-31-2004, 09:04 AM

Its is possible but you most likely have to do a limb change also, limb delfection is probably different to get the same poundages, ask Pat though, he'll know for sure.

Todd
Team BowTech
Old 05-31-2004, 09:31 AM

thanks guys, i emailed him so we'll see what he says. yeah, that warranty issue would be huge.
Old 05-31-2004, 11:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Patriot Dually is an awsome bow and I can understand why you want to make the change .this dually has some serious K.E. and I wouldn't trade it for any bow on the market ,there are other bow's I would like to have ,but I won't get rid of my Dually.

nubo
Old 06-01-2004, 05:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Possible, yes, but you most assuredly are going to experience a difference in the draw weight range plus the cost of a such a venture is usually somewhat cost-prohibitive in many cases.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:41 PM

well if anyone was interested but me it is possible, but i'd have to change everything but the riser and limb pockets. may as well just buy one for what that would cost.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

I kind of thought that that would be the outcome,If you decide to buy a Dually I'd wait till next season to see if they make any changes to it this upcoming winter .The Dually is an awsome bow but I also think the PatriotS/C is a great bow as well.

nubo
Old 06-02-2004, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Pat dually and the Pat single use different limb lengths as well. You would need new limbs, new cams, new strings and cables, a new axle for the bottom limb (to house the split harness) , possibly a new (longer) cableguard, and all the extra hardware (spacers, axle, split harness spindles, etc).

Pretty costly modification.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes Jeff! now that you mention it the limb's were shorter ,I think that was one of the first thing's I noticed with this bow. They must of went to a lot of trouble to rig that bow up the way I recieved it ,the more I think about it the more I think of ???? ahhh never mind.

I got my new bow and that's all that matters.

nubo