Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Question about bow square.

Old 05-29-2004, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Question about bow square.

When finding a nocking point how do you put the end of the bow square at zero so you can find 1/8" up. Thanks-Sam
Old 05-29-2004, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question about bow square.

If im reading your question right and you are using a t bow square,then snap the string on the 2 ends,and level off the long ruler part with your arrow rest.
Im still trying to figure out an easier way of saying it but i hope that makes sence
Old 05-29-2004, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Extreme1,

Are you saying level it off with the center of the arrow rest, or where the bottom of the arrow will sit?
Old 05-29-2004, 10:33 PM

i think you are making it too difficult. just make sure that when your arrow is on your undrawn bow that there is a slight downward angle, and i mean slight, when your rest is in the up position, ie: the nock of your arrow is higher than its tip, barely, when your rest is in the up position. start there with paper tuning, checking for fletching contact, etc. - then shoot some groups. then move your nocking point up a little and shoot some more groups and see which is better.
depending what rest you have you may have to play with it also to get it grouping the best. just do 1 thing at a time.
Old 05-30-2004, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Would'nt it be easyer to move the arrow rest instead of re-nocking..??
Old 05-30-2004, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah but you would still have to know where to measure from to move the rest 1/8" down. Does anybody know if it is measured from the center of the rest or the bottom where the arrow sits?
Old 05-30-2004, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I measure mine where the arrow sits on the rest.
Old 05-31-2004, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where the arrow rests. That's how you figure the nocking point in relation to the rest. That being said, it really doesn't matter whether it is square or not. You still have to shoot the bow and tune it to where your arrows fly the best. My present bow just happens to like the nocking point 1/2" above square. That where abare shaft goes the best out to 25 yards. I'm still tweaking and trying to get it to 35 yards, but I'll get it.
Old 05-31-2004, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

with the rest off of the bow snap the square to your string,
align the inside edge of the square to the top of the berger hole.
your nocking point will be in line with the inside edge if you want a level nock, go up with the nock if you need an off set nocking point.

install rest and adjust until you have the top of the arrow in line with the top of the berger hole. this will put the center of the arrow close to the center of the berger hole.
Old 05-31-2004, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I may also add that depending on what model and/or brand of rest a you use for example a TM Hunter it may be simpler to move your nocking point up or down for fine tuning adjustments

if you have a micro adjust rest it obviously would be easier to move the rest for tuning adjustments.

however I would recomend keeping the arrow as close to the shelf as possible and still get fletch clearance.

the closer to the center line of the string between the A to A the straiter nock travel you will get.

Quick Reply: Question about bow square.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.