Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Best String for Patriot Dually

Old 05-28-2004, 06:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Best String for Patriot Dually

I was out shooting my bow tonight and noticed that I have a couple of broken or cut strand's on my string,so I want to buy another string to replace it and then I'll use the previous one for a back up. Which of the string's on the market are the best ?

nubo
Old 05-28-2004, 11:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Best String for Patriot Dually

John.

I would either get a new ST1 string or a Stone Mountain or Bowman string.

But the one thing I would do if you have cut or broken strands in your current string is not shoot it before you get a new one on and then dump the current string in the trash.
Old 05-28-2004, 11:54 PM

I would call Shel at Pro String. He makes top notch strings and cables
using the material you want. His prices are right and gives you 30 days
to return them if you are not satisfied. I just got a set of string/cables
from him for my Mathews Ovation and was very impressed with his
work. I gained approx. 10 fps using 8125 string materal.
Old 05-29-2004, 11:36 AM

Hey nubo, I got the e-mail, (I have been busy), but I replaced my strings with Winners Choice! I had a set on my MightyMite and now I have them on the Liberty! These things just don't stretch, they don't fray, and they are time proven. The price tag is pretty steep, but they are worth it in my opinion!
Old 05-29-2004, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

nubo I would call Bowtech. From wwhat I understand all of there strings are made by custom string makers (most of them are metioned in the forums here) just to make sure that the string you get is approved by Bowtech. If you put a string that is not approved by Bowtech it will void your warrenty.

I am also under the understanding that you can order the strings directly from bowtech already made for your bow.

I have to aggree with the above post that you need to dump the broken string in the trash. That is an accident waiting to happen.
Old 05-29-2004, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

slobbyrobby are you saying you have to replace your factory cables/strings with more factory cables/strings for as long as you own the bow in order for Bowtech to honor their warranty? I think that is illegal unless they are providing the replacement bowstrings at no cost to you. Fact is strings and cables wear out and most bow manufacturers state that basically any part that is subject to wear and tear such as strings & cables are not covered under warranty.
Old 05-29-2004, 09:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Guy's thank's for the info ,but I have to get out hunting turkey's tommorrow because it's the last day out for me since Monday is the last day of the season so I have to take that chance since the last 2 times out I had the same 2 Tom's come in on me I'm hoping they come in again tommorrow . If you go to turkey hunting forum you can read all about my last time out,just don't laugh too loud.I'll replace the string's right of way but I'm still not sure which I'll use ,I definetly want the string that stretch's the least and has the best life span . I'm no so sure the string was cut but I have a couple little strand 's that have been either severed or broken .I'm not sure how it happened but I want to replace it anyway's. Can you's give me any idea what kind of price I'll be looking at?

nubo
Old 05-29-2004, 09:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Directly from Bowtech's website:

LIFETIME WARRANTY

BowTech warranties its bows with a Lifetime Warranty to the original owner (except for the following exclusions). In short, if it breaks, we will fix it.

EXCLUSIONS

1. Original Owner. Warranty applies to the original owner only and is nontransferable.

2. Components Not Covered. Cables, strings, wheel bushings, bearings, paint and/or film dipped finishes are not included in warranty.

3. Damage Not Covered. Damage caused by abuse, mishandling, dry-firing, alteration or modification to original product, or shooting of arrows less than five grains per pound of draw weight may render the warranty void.

4. Warranty Card. For the Warranty to be in effect, the Warranty card must be completed and properly returned to BowTech – with a copy of the purchase receipt – within 30 days of purchase for Warranty to be in effect.

5. Authorized Dealer. The BowTech Warranty covers only bows bought from Authorized BowTech Dealers. Contact BowTech (888-689-1289) if you are unsure if the person you are buying from is an authorized dealer.
I guess if they wanted to be really picky they could cry violation of rule #3 with the alteration or modiication of original product part. I don't belive they would be this trivial though.

Nubo, I think Winners Choice is going for somewhere between 85-100 US dollars for a setup.
Old 05-29-2004, 11:37 PM

Nubo, my new string and cable was $47.00 with shipping the total
was $51.00. Not bad for a custom string and cable. Heck, for a new
Zebra twist cable/string it would have cost me more than this. For
Winners Choice it will cost you probably twice as much. Thats why
I bought these. His web site is prostring.com if you want to check
it out.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:11 AM
Fork Horn

The only thing I am getting at is I have been told by 2 different proshops that Bowtech won't honor there warrenty is you don't use there strings because of the possibility of a custom strings causing problems to the bow. No they will not cover the strings them selves. The only thing I suggested is to contact Bowtech before buying a custome string A) to see if a custom string will void the warrenty or not and B) Bowtech may the custom string already made up for the bows.

Bowtech DOES NOT make there own strings, they use a number of custom string shops that everyone is familar with. The string Bowtech has may be the same as nubo wants any way. If this is the case then the strings are already made up waiting for shipping. It may be a quicker route.

Quick Reply: Best String for Patriot Dually

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.