Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Catwhiskers do the trick!

Old 05-28-2004, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Catwhiskers do the trick!

I just thought i'd give the Catwhiskers a little plug here.I shoot a LEGACY and the bow is very quiet without anything added but ithought i'd go for quiet as possible.I put limb savers on and that helped and that's how i shot it for a year,then i added the whiskers because i could still hear a little string noise on the shot which even when people standing 5 feet away didn't notice,it was still there to me when i shot--the whiskers made the difference--now the only thing i hear is the arrow smacking the target!For a buck seventy five you can't go wrong with a set of whiskers.jmho.It's the cheapest,easiest,and best thing a person can do to take that string noise away!
Old 05-28-2004, 06:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Catwhiskers do the trick!

They're next on my list .
I have a PSE Kudu 50# with a 5" NAP Shock Blocker and SVL gen2 Limb Savers , but the string noise is still pretty loud .
Old 05-28-2004, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

The one thing i was concerned about was loosing speed but as long as i stay away from the chrono i'll be just fine
Old 05-28-2004, 09:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Speed is usually the only issue that stops folks from using them in comparison to leeches or some other device. However, if you trim them and place them strategically in the string then the speed loss can be minimized.
Old 05-28-2004, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

PA,
How much can i trim off without losing the string dampening?
Old 05-28-2004, 10:17 AM

I serve mine in place so I don't have the knot to add weight. I then usually trim mine back to about 1 1/2 inches long,,, each way from the string. Lasts a very long time!!!
Old 05-28-2004, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks WWAG,i'll do just that--doing it like you say i bet i don,t lose much speed at all,but i'm still gonna stay away from the chrono
Old 05-28-2004, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

walks,
Do you put them through the string and then serve them in place? The whiskers on my Mighty Mite are through the string the only problem with that is you really can't move them around to find the sweet spot ,I've seen quite a few just folded around the string and served and others just tied on, IME they seem to work better when they go through the string, just wondering what others have found, I plan on putting some whiskers on my Dually as soon as my squidees get done flying apart.
Old 05-28-2004, 01:13 PM

Call me old-fashioned, but I pulled the squids off my liberty and replaced them with cat whiskers. I put mine through the string and knot them off.

THis is probably scandalous also, but I bought the new limbsaver ultras and pitched the vibrablocks. Once again, great bow, but I don't have much faith in the factory hush kit.

Bill
Old 05-29-2004, 08:33 PM

I go through the string with mine and fold them up so they are in a smaller spot in between the strands of the string and then serve them up

Quick Reply: Catwhiskers do the trick!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.