Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Best 3D Deer Target???

Old 05-26-2004, 03:32 PM

Default Best 3D Deer Target???

What do you think are the best made 3D deer targets in terms of correct vital placement and durability? Wanting to get 3 or 4 to set up around the house for practice .
Old 05-26-2004, 03:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Best 3D Deer Target???

I have shot the expensive one and I have shot the cheap ones. The both start to shoot out at about the same time. So nowdays I just go to wal-mart. I picked one up last year for about $35-40. Compared to the $150.00 or so I had spent in the past. I had about the same amount of success with it as the expensive ones.

What I have started doing lately is getting a can of that spray in foam you use on your house to fill in crack. Well I take it when I start to shoot through the deer target and I fill up the huge holes I have blown in it. This way I have been able to make a vital and the whole target last about 4 years where I have been buying totally new 3-d's every year.
Old 05-26-2004, 04:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I really like the Rinehart targets,they have replacement kill sections and the arrows pull out with ease.The only problem with them is price,they are EXPENSIVE but are worth it.The replacement kills are fairly inexspensive so they do seem to pay for themselves over time.Broadheads will most likely shoot them up rather quickly ,so if you plan on shooting the 3-d with broadheads,then this target is probably too expensive to consider.A target designed specifically for broadheads should be considered if that is your intensions.

check them out www.rinehart3-d.com
Old 05-26-2004, 09:47 PM

I really like rinehart. The vitals seem very accurate and i like how the holes seal up so i dont have a bunch of little holes to shoot at.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:46 AM

Go with Reinhart for durablitiy. Although I have a back yard buck my wife got me from Walmart 3 years ago that has held the test of time. LOL go figure buy a cheap one and it last for once. Our club has went to all Reinhardt targets and we are not repladcing as often as the McKenzies.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:05 AM
Typical Buck

I really like the Rinehart targets,they have replacement kill sections and the arrows pull out with ease.
I shot at a series of these targets for the first time hte other day, and they are incredible.
I am looking at the new Delta target that has the layered foam vitals; similar to the Glen Del buck, only cheaper.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:41 AM

Thanks to all who replied. Did I mention how much I liked my new XTEC