Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Pro40 Dually - HELP!

Old 05-26-2004, 01:05 PM

Default Pro40 Dually - HELP!

Alright, got off the phone with the Bowtech Tech guy and he definitely didn't put my mind at ease with the problems I'm having.

1). I know the cams are supposed to have some lean to them, however, my bottom limbs has an 1/8" of lean to it. I tried to fix it by putting some twists into the yoke and it worked, but it really screwed up the performance of the bow, lost 10fps and arrow was 1/2" from riser to paper tune. Set everything back and gained 10fps and arrow was 3/4" from riser to paper tune.

The tech told me the limbs are supposed to have some lean.

2). I have the cables on the cable slide correctly, however, the cable in the small groove pops off the slide after every shot. Any idea how to fix this?

Btw, I would go back to the dealer but he has since gone out of business, I think he was waiting on me to pick the bow up to close the doors.

Other than that this bow is a smoker 53lbs 310gr 305fps and I don't think I've maxed it to its potential, I think 310fps.
Old 05-26-2004, 03:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Pro40 Dually - HELP!

Email Bowtech_shooter... he'll take care of you.. He may have been the one that you talked to on the phone.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:36 PM

Default RE: Pro40 Dually - HELP!

Yes, the cams will have some lean. Partly due the the string track of the cams are to the left of center and the cable guard rod torque. I played with mine by trying to remove all the lean while the cable slide was off the bow. I then put back on the slide and there was still cam lean,,, not much but it was there. The first time I drew the bow, I could feel the cables wanting to off track in the module grooves and it felt like it was hitting 4 walls instead of 2. I then put the cables back the way they were from the factory and it drew perfectly,, felt just like a single cam with one single stop at the wall.
I believe the lean could be improved with a different slide that would allow the cables to run closer to the arrow shaft,,, there's lots of clearance to play with. I don't mess with it anymore and the bow just shoots super!!! some day when I get time I'm going to order a Hicks slide that looks like it will offer less "pull" on the cables or maybe opt for a double bent guard rod so I can adjust it where I want it.
As for the cable popping off the slide, make sure that the cable coming up off the lower cam passes inside the upper cable and that the cables cross below the guard rod. The cables shouldn't touch each other at all when it's set up right. Have fun!!!