Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

BIGPAPASCOUT ? 4ya!

Old 05-25-2004, 08:40 PM

Default BIGPAPASCOUT ? 4ya!

I was reading one of your post I read this part/ Finally, if the wheels are not timed in unison, you are likely to find problems at full-draw, particularly if you shoot off the wall or stops. One wheel will be solidly at the end of its draw, while the other will still be able to move. The end result is likely to be an unstable, rocking movement hardly conducive to a good aim (this is what is meant by the cams 'fighting each other').
I got A new ovation I got the cam perfect in time but I hate this bow with A passion !! I can't stop rocking it I throws all my shots off ! I shoot with A open grip cause I wol'nt pull it. solid wall good smooth bow! but I can't stop it from rocking I stripped it down to nothing still rocks! I also have A mq32 never had this problem . could I just be picking up bad habits because it's A longer bow ?
Old 05-25-2004, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BIGPAPASCOUT ? 4ya!

Pa jay

I am not up to speed on Mathews bows I have never shot an ovation or an MQ2
so I dont know the charicteristics of how either bow shoots

first of all tboth bows are single cam bows and what I was speaking of in my post was dual cam bows
all solo cam bows eill have an upward thrust or recoil on the cam end
some have more recoil than others.

I would recommend trying a stabelizer that has some weight to it to reduce the amount of recoil.
other than that I couldn't give you a solid answer unless I actually shot the bow.
Maybe some one who actually owns an ovation could give you a better answer.

go to archerytalk.com there are lots of mathews shooters there who can help you out better than I can

most the guys here are Bowtechies
Old 05-26-2004, 06:37 PM

Default RE: BIGPAPASCOUT ? 4ya!

ok thanks !