Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

shot 5 bows today!! Impressed

Old 05-21-2004, 06:47 PM

Default shot 5 bows today!! Impressed

I shot 5 new bows today and I must say I was very impressed. THey have come a long ways in a few years. I shot mine for a half hour and got a few tight patterns right in the center, so I thought maybe I should just keep it (maybe will). Then affter shooting the new ones, that thing seems way too loud and heavy. Its a Golden Eagle Revolution, draw 80lbs and 28" draw length (too short for me) and 27" carbon express's. It shoots so damn accurate, thats what makes this a hard decision.

I shot an Archery Research (AR34), Buckmaster, Renegade (TR 4), Hoyt, and Bowtec.

I must say that I liked the Bowtec the most, by far! I can't believe how you can shoot it and not feel a thing in your hand. It was so smooth and steady, I couldn't believe it. The only bad part was the price tag. $680!!

I think I would put the Buckmaster next in line, but not far in front of the AR34 or the hoyt. All of them are great bows. The Buckmaster seemed to me like it is the best bang for your buck. It was my second favorite out of all of these and only $450.

I did also finally get to shoot a renegade like I have been dying to do. The feel so great, only 3 lbs, and draw smooth and feel confortable, but you get alot more shock in your hand. Thats probobly because there was absolutely no dampning devices on it of any kind. Im sure you could make it shock-less.

I also looked at the bowtec that is only 29" axle to axle (forgot what its called) It was so small, never seen one so small. I didn't even shoot it though becuase it is so hard to keep stable being that short. it just wants to rotate back and forth on you.

Well, now I am confused, don't know what to do. SHould I keep the old or bring in the new?
Old 05-21-2004, 06:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: shot 5 bows today!! Impressed

Well, now I am confused, don't know what to do. SHould I keep the old or bring in the new?
Out with the old and in with the new

I also looked at the bowtec that is only 29" axle to axle (forgot what its called)
It is the tech 29
Old 05-21-2004, 08:11 PM

check out diamondarchery.com--they are buy far the best bang for the buck!i never heard of them either till i got wind of them on archeryworld and all the good feed back.they have top of the line quality and there warranty is definetly a-1.they even warranty there bows for life if someone buys one from some else! if its got diamond on it no matter who has got it its covered.they dont ask for you to register it or anything!i i have been shooting mathews and recently purchased a liberty that i have not recieved yet. they even have a easy draw model which is real smooth.i talked to diamond before i bought there product and they were fantastic! i have the gladiator model with the easy cam and at 28 in with a 368grn arrow im shooting 274 at 65lbs! if you are interested and you have no diamond dealer close to you they will work with you! i ordered mine out of texas because i heard of this shop on the net that carries them. i got permission from diamond and they let me order it from texas.the guys down there cater to bowhunters at this shop--they all love to hunt and aim to please. im telling you for the buck they cant be beat! i was a liitle afraid at first myself but i tell you what they are great bows and awesome looking also.i have the gladiator--they make it with the easy draw cam or there fast cam--which is rated at 328.they have the michete series also which is awesome.if interested give this shop a call at 1-903-668-3405 and ask for clint he is the best and see for yourself. look i live in ohio--all im trying to do is pass on some great products to my bowhunting friends! clint will give you a great deal--tell him chuck from ohio sent you take care!
Old 05-21-2004, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also looked at the bowtec that is only 29" axle to axle (forgot what its called)

It is the tech 29
I believe the bow your are talking about is the Mighty Mite, not the Tech 29.
Old 05-22-2004, 07:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

I believe the bow your are talking about is the Mighty Mite, not the Tech 29
If he said the bow was 29 inches axle to axle why do you believe he is referring to the MightyMite and not the Tech 29?

The MightyMite is 30.5 inches axle to axle.

Here is a pic my 04 MightyMite. Is this the bow you were reffering to supa?

Old 05-24-2004, 10:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Come on now. Heck, I have a hard time telling one Bowtech from another unless I can get a gauge on the length of the riser.

I am guessing it was the Tech 29 as well simply because of the axle to axle length comment. I am guessing Mike suggested the Mighty Mite as it is the shortest Bowtech adult model bow this year. The Tech 29 is no longer produced.
Old 05-24-2004, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Out of all your choices I'm a BowTech finatic and I'm sure you'll be one as well if you buy this bow .If you bring this bow home I'm sure you'll never use the old bow again and you family won't be able to pry the new bow out of your finger's .

nubo
Old 05-25-2004, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am sure the BowTech is a good bow just from what I have read on this board. I have never shot or seen one. The nearest BowTech dealer is a 300-mile drive for me.[:@]
I shot several bows Hoyt, Mathews, AR, PSE & Darton. The Darton Typhoon just felt perfect in my hands. I bought the Darton Typhoon and can not imagine a better shooting bow.
Almost forgot, buy a new bow & a dozen roses.
Good luck in making a tough choice,

WK
Old 05-25-2004, 09:20 AM

Could be the BlackHawk,,,, 28 7/8 inch ATA, 8 inch brace height, 2 pounds and 13 ounces with an IBO of 309 to 317 fps
Old 05-25-2004, 12:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

The nearest BowTech dealer is a 300-mile drive for me.
Just an FYI for folks in a similar situation. Bowtech has a "Bowtech in the boonies" program that allows folks like this to buy their bows without making the drive...

Quick Reply: shot 5 bows today!! Impressed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.