Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Cam rollover?

Old 05-21-2004, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default Cam rollover?

Well, still attempting to shoot my old Nova. The guys at work didn't come through! Oh well! Since putting on the new string I am starting to question whether or not the cams are rolling over all the way. As usual it sounds dumb, but is there a surefire way to tell? It just doesn't seem like I am getting much letoff. Shot about 10 arrows today and my shoulders are pretty sore. That never happened before. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 05-21-2004, 04:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Cam rollover?

Just so nobody get mad when I don't respond right away I'm leaving for the weekend so I'll have to check for advice on Monday. Have a good one!
Old 05-21-2004, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure about your setup. If you have wheels with various string positions for different draw lengths, when you are at the shorter draw lengths, you do not get as much letoff. What had been changed on your bow?
Old 05-22-2004, 02:41 AM
Fork Horn

My suggestion would be to find a pro shop that has a Hooters Shooter. This will allow [with 2 people] you to draw the bow and have someone watch the cams as they role over.
Old 05-22-2004, 05:29 AM

I would think that if you put it on a bow scale, you will be able to easily figure out the letoff. Just see what the poundage drop is at full draw.
Old 05-24-2004, 02:06 PM
Fork Horn

Joe PA: The only thing that I changed on my bow was the string and cables. I've fiddled with the bow quite a bit in the last week trying to get the draw length exact (or as close as I can get) and it just doesn't seem to be the same as before I changed the string/cables. ATA is at 39" which I think is right and the brace is 7 1/4 which I think is spec. too. As long as these two measurements are okay does that mean that I don't have too much to worry about? I've had to go up two "pegs" on the draw length adjustment and that doesn't quite make sense to me.(had to make the draw longer). I know my arms didn't grow any!
Old 05-24-2004, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like the string and or cables are not the correct length for your bow.jmho.
Old 05-24-2004, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

I measured the string and it is the correct length, but I have been looking for the cable length so I can double check them too. I guess that's what I get for not writing it on the bow the first time!
Old 05-26-2004, 11:44 PM

Which bow, cam option and draw weight and length?? Also what year??
>>>>--------------->
Old 05-27-2004, 07:00 AM

Give the factory a call. 1-800-477-7789 Hours: 7AM-3:30PM MST or email [email protected]

The two times that I called them, they were very helpful and knew their stuff.

The website also has owner's manuals available for download, but they will probably not help you.

Good Luck,
Allen