Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Finally shot a Liberty........and a ???

Old 05-19-2004, 06:07 AM

Default Finally shot a Liberty........and a ???

I looked at one back in Dec. and I'll fall back on what I said then !!

Nice bow, balanced well , smooth draw cycle (better than my Outback but not a "whole" lot) !!

Well I finally shot one yesterday and have to say the camo looked a lot better than the one's I looked at in Dec. !! It was pretty quiet ! It didn't have any kick and stayed stable in my hand through the shot !!

???

But man .......I was really suprised at the hand shock !! Nothing a good stabilizer couldn't tame........but much more than I expected !!

It was a bare Liberty with just a hush kit , string loop, and a WB B2 QS deluxe !!

Are they all like that or could this one have a timing issue or something........I mean bare bow to bare bow.......it is a significant difference over my Outback !!
Old 05-19-2004, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Finally shot a Liberty........and a ???

CBM, my thoughts exactly. I was really taken back by that. It does seem to have a more pronounced "shock" than some of the others I shot. Yes, a stab will take care of it. When I shot it, it seemed to want to "jump" out of my hand too much.

Its a great, great bow though. Quiet and smoother than any bow I've shot.

I'd shoot one in a heart beat if I was still looking for a bow and the Xtec didn't exist.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

It was pretty quiet ! It didn't have any kick and stayed stable in my hand through the shot !!

???

But man .......I was really suprised at the hand shock !! Nothing a good stabilizer couldn't tame........but much more than I expected !!
CBM, my thoughts exactly. I was really taken back by that. It does seem to have a more pronounced "shock" than some of the others I shot. Yes, a stab will take care of it. When I shot it, it seemed to want to "jump" out of my hand too much.
So what are we talking about here? The way I interpreted CBM's post he felt that the bow had alot of vibration at the shot. The way I am interpreting MM's post the bow had alot of recoil.

Which is it?...or was it each for each of you gentleman?

If the bow had recoil then I would be willing to bet it was a timing issue. A quick check of the cam timing marks should help to determine that. If it was vibration then I would question where the vibrablocks were mounted on the limbs. That can have a signficant difference on the shot feel of the bow.

I am not entirely surprised in CBM's case though when considering the two bows being compared. I believe the mass weight and mass weight distribution comparison between the two bows in question is the answer to the perceived difference in shot feel.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:43 AM

I was talking about handshock.........not re-coil ! "A lot" is not the right word maybe..........but more than I would have expected out of a VFT style bow !

But now that you mention it........I think the vibra-blocks were all the way up by the limb pockets ! If they are farther back up the limb......does it make much of a difference ??
Old 05-19-2004, 08:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

CBM,

Handshock = Vibration or are we talking about some other characteristic here?

Let me answer your last question with a question. Did you ever put a pair of limbsavers down by the limb pocket?

I am a bit perplexed with this one though not for the reason you may think. I have been placing the vibrablocks up close the limb forks because that is where I notice the most effectiveness. However, all of the Bowtech bows are shipped with the vibrablocks close to the limb pockets and I was under the understanding that this was simply for the shipping process.....yet I also saw something recently which suggested that they should be placed near the limb pockets to increase affectiveness.

I guess this means that it is time to experiment again.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:44 AM

Handshock = Vibration or are we talking about some other characteristic here?
Vibration in then grip and the palm of my hand (I guess I call that handshock)........noticable.....about like my Ultra 2 was..........far from what my Outback is like !!

The vibrablocks were probably about an inch above the limb pockets !!
Old 05-19-2004, 09:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

yet I also saw something recently which suggested that they should be placed near the limb pockets to increase affectiveness.

I guess this means that it is time to experiment again.
Frank.

We must have been watching the same TV show cause I seen that too and did experiment on my BK.

I moved them down to the pockets and the bow had a slight buzz (for the want of a better word) in my hand so I started to move them back up the limb and 1" at a time the higher I went with them the buzz decreased until I got them back into the spot I originally had them with no buzz at all.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:53 AM

Its tough to make a fair comparison - bare bow to bare bow.

I have found Vibration to be due to a few things.

A bow backed off in poundage tends to vibrate more.

Whats on the string is real important. take the Mathews rubber string stops off and install Bowtechs hush kits on it - would be a more fair comparison.

I still think leaches work better than the stock kit on Bowtech.

Add enough weight to the Liberty so it weighs the same as the Outback would also be a better comparison.

A bow with a longer DL will vibrate more than one of the same with shorter DL.

I have found both bows to be very "vibration free"
Old 05-19-2004, 11:22 AM

Rack........not trying to bash the Liberty.......it is a nice bow !

BTW- Poundage was maxed

Do you think the string supressors take some of the vibration going through the riser ? I guess I have just thought of them affecting string noise !!

Weight- I know what your saying........but at the same time......that is one of the cheif complaints about the Outback !!

Shot a 29" Liberty.........my Outback is a 30" !
Old 05-19-2004, 12:06 PM

My reason to buy my frist Bow in 10 years is mostly for speed alone. Thus thinking Bowtech Patriot or such; could you please tell me what the settings on the vibrablocks, could or may have on the speed of the bow if any, it appears when a bow is test shoot they have nothing on them but an knocking point?

Quick Reply: Finally shot a Liberty........and a ???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.