Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Finally shot a Liberty........and a ???

Old 05-24-2004, 07:14 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Finally shot a Liberty........and a ???

ORIGINAL: Ratus

Don't ya just love it when someone comes in to a thread about two particulars and then entirely changes the subject to something not even being discussed or considered.

And then he bashes bows that use sims or similar gear when the bows he promotes has nearly a pound of rubber laminated right on the limbs.

What does the rubber laminates on Merlins do Kevin? A.) Absorb vibrations, B.) cover cracks C.) make up for flaking bad paint jobs or D.) all of the above?

And I don't believe anyone can get a patent on a limb pocket angle, that seems silly to me.
Ratus--

Yep, I guess people simply don't care to know about any alternative options that COULD prove to be useful to them....yes, admittedly the 'commercial" may not have come at the appropriate time in this particular thread, so guilty on that charge and I apologize.

And to answer your other "digs".....

I was pointing out technical attributes/fallicies of equipment, and stating my opinion just as everyone else is entitiled to here. If you feel that is bashing, then that is your right to think that I suppose. No, I do not like conventional solocam designs and never have, because I feel they have many fallicies when compared to a pure twin cam, and even more when compared to a hybrid. Again, this is JMHO.

Altho Merlins carry Syntech laminates on their limbs, they do not have all of the screw-in gizmos, leeches, wraps, and other stuff on them, and they are STILL just as quiet if not moreso than many of the bows that do---plus they do not exhibit that "kick" of poor dynamic balance, IMHO. (Notice I said IN MY OPINION.)

As far as to why the syntech laminates are on the limbs--A)Yes, they certyainly do absorb high-frequency vibrations. B) They do not cover cracks, because: #1 there are no cracks in the Pro-Fusion 3 limbs to begin with, and #2 the sides are open anyway so you would still be able to see them if there were any. C) Sure! Why paint at all if you do not have to, especially when you are under heavy National restrictions and the paint has the possibility of being soft? Plus you protect the face and back of each limb at the same time! THAT is stupid to you???? Better get used to it, I know other manufacturers who thought the idea was VERY novel and I guarantee and you will see more of them in the future. D) See my replies-- yes, all of the above.

As far as things such as patented limb pocket angles being "silly to you", that is certainly your right to have your opinion. But those in the industry who are PART of the industry, may not totally agree with you. Patent infringement is a growing concern within the industry among designers and manufacturers, simply because there are virtually THOUSANDS of patents that are encroached upon every time someone designs a bow or cam. Alot of times it is simply "allowed" with no litigation brought forward, but on items that could potentially make the manufacturer alot of money, then the original designer usually wants a piece of the pie, and one cannot blame them....after all, THEY invented it. (or at least submitted the patent)

That's it. Again, sorry if I highjacked the thread, that was wrong of me. Everythng else I felt was good info. Good shooting, Pinwheel 12
Old 05-24-2004, 10:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

[
RE: Finally shot a Liberty........a... (in reply to PABowhntr)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

quote:

Like the reason I'll drive Chevys the rest of my life.

Now I really lost all respect for you. Why did you have to go and drag a perfectly good thread right through the mud with that comment?

Oh you hush up! You've got NO room to talk!
What are you talking about? Doesn't everyone drive a high quality Korean car to work everyday?

Old 05-24-2004, 10:42 AM

Well, I remember running over a high quality Korean car one time while hauling 31 tons of rock to a concrete plant[:@] Can you say,,, tin can??