Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Finally shot a Liberty........and a ???

Old 05-20-2004, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Finally shot a Liberty........and a ???

WWAG, no death grip here bud Please don't take my "Bowtech Faithful" comment the wrong way, I was just ribbin you all a little I really like the Bowtech's and usually always refer people who ask to them.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:21 AM

No problem, some brands,,, like the rest of us just mean more to us than the other brands. Like the reason I'll drive Chevys the rest of my life. I can still remember the day my dad brought home that brand new 1963 Chevy Impala,,, with the 340 horse 409 The dealer that sold that car to him treated him like a king and that impression has stuck with me all these years. I've experienced the same service from the same company and I'll stay with them. Good luck with yours.
Old 05-21-2004, 11:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Like the reason I'll drive Chevys the rest of my life.
Now I really lost all respect for you. Why did you have to go and drag a perfectly good thread right through the mud with that comment?

[8D]
Old 05-22-2004, 12:05 AM

Dad paid $1895.00 for that '63 Impala brand new,,, care to guess what it's probably worth today?? It was a 2 door hardtop also, black with black interior. Like in Steve Earl's song "Copper Head Road" I still remember that rumblin' sound
Old 05-22-2004, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: walks with a gimp
The dealer that sold that car to him treated him like a king and that impression has stuck with me all these years.
Sounds like he had a good dealer, not a good car

Just funnin with ya Russ
Old 05-22-2004, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

Like the reason I'll drive Chevys the rest of my life.
Now I really lost all respect for you. Why did you have to go and drag a perfectly good thread right through the mud with that comment?

[8D]
Oh you hush up! You've got NO room to talk!
Old 05-23-2004, 07:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Pinwheel 12

Three words when it comes to testing bows and finding no hand shock--

MERLIN MAX XTREME.

There is virtually none in this offering. And also--- this bow has no vast array of Sims products on it like so many other bows do this year. Hmmm, wonder how it will be AFTER all of the "bolt-on" stuff is on it?

Think---If the manufacturers of the conventional solocams felt they could for one minute get away with NOT installing all of the extra vibration-reducing goodies on their bows stock from the factory, (especially while the archery public is very critical of any handshock or recoil) don't you think they would save their money and do so? Of course! But with the dynamic balance of most Conventional solos today being what it is, well, you are just going to get that recoil "kick", and handshock with all of them to some degree, even with parallel design. Thus we see all of this stuff with NV systems and other vibration gizmos sticking out from every angle and nook and cranny, along with leeches, limbsavers, blocks, wraps, etc, on many of the offerings this year. Interesting to note that most all of them are conventional solos too. Hmmm.

Speaking of parallel design, all current manufacturers of parallel designs may soon be "scrambling" from what I hear through the grapevine ---word has it XI (now owned by Escalade Sports) is looking at patent infringment because of a clause in one of their patents from when they made the flatliner series of bows stating something about limb pocket angle. If true then that would be a huge "coup" for them, and the payoff dollar value(behind the scenes of course) would be enormous---think of how many parallel limb bows have been sold in the past decade that they could get a piece of![]

Don't ya just love it when someone comes in to a thread about two particulars and then entirely changes the subject to something not even being discussed or considered.

And then he bashes bows that use sims or similar gear when the bows he promotes has nearly a pound of rubber laminated right on the limbs.

What does the rubber laminates on Merlins do Kevin? A.) Absorb vibrations, B.) cover cracks C.) make up for flaking bad paint jobs or D.) all of the above?

And I don't believe anyone can get a patent on a limb pocket angle, that seems silly to me.
Old 05-23-2004, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ratus
And I don't believe anyone can get a patent on a limb pocket angle, that seems silly to me.
You'd be surprised what people can patent!
Old 05-24-2004, 03:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I recall correctly, the XI bows did not have a drastic limb angle. They achieved parallel limb tip movement by pre-bending the limbs and had a more vertical pocket.

Also nice to know that Dartons are finally quieter than the Hoyts.[8D]

On the Bowtechs I have owned, the placement of the vibrablocks did affect the vibration. I would be willing to do a test if anyone would be willing to send me a Liberty and an Outback to compare.[&:]
Old 05-24-2004, 05:38 AM

You'd be surprised what people can patent!
I'd be surprised if they couldn't patent it. If it's something that hasn't been done before, then they can probably patent it. However, this situation may be a bit different. I doubt that it would be easy to patent every unused angle that exists. It would seem that companies would only have to use angles that weren't patented. When there's a grey area, the issue of defending the patent comes up. Does the company have the resources to defend against multiple companies in a situation where they might not win?

So, even though it may be patented, it may be just as likely that a company will challenge it.

Quick Reply: Finally shot a Liberty........and a ???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.