Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Woo Hoo Fixed my left tear

Old 05-05-2004, 06:04 PM

Default Woo Hoo Fixed my left tear

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice on why I was getting a left tear on my '02 Patriot.
We fixed the problem by getting rid of the Sims Cable Slide. The Sims slide is a great product and I shoot one on my PSE Carrera, but it holds the bus cables too far right on the Patriot, so much so that it put a twist into the top limb and was causing a left tear that would not go away.
We had fooled around with the cables and took out the limb twist, only to find that the bow noise increased drastically, and I still had the left tear.
I went back to the stock cable slide and also put the bus cables back to normal, first shot...Bullet Hole.
I wonder if anyone has put the Sims Slide on any other BowTechs and had the same problems?
Anyway, Thanks again to all of the regulars who passed on their wisdom.
Old 05-06-2004, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Woo Hoo Fixed my left tear

I've never used the Sims on my BowTechs for very long because of that issue (moreso on the 2004s).

Too much torque on the rod/cable/s/string is not a good thing.

Glad ya got her shooting right again!