Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

low nock about 3/4 inch is this OK........

Old 02-20-2002, 09:25 AM

Default low nock about 3/4 inch is this OK........

I have a 2002 G2, I have a tm style rest installed , string loop, shooting 29inch PSE (300)carbon force dominators, with 100grain tips and 3 5inch right offset vanes, and arrow wrap. my bow is set at 70lbs and 29inch draw . my question is I can only shoot bullet holes with my arrows when the nock is about 3/4 inch low, my rest is set on med weight arrows which is pretty low I think, and the arrows bisect the mounting holes when they are on the rest, is this ok to shoot or am I fighting something else

evan
Old 02-20-2002, 09:33 AM

Default RE: low nock about 3/4 inch is this OK........

If 3/4" low means below square, that is way off, I would try setting it high, by .5" and try walking it down. Maybe someone else will comment on spine, I son't know those arrows, but assuming the spine is fine, start high, look at everything before you lower the nock point: get it centered, check for fletch clearance. Finally lower yur nock point until just a touch of high is left, bullet holes aren't necesary, or desireable. Stable arrow flight is what yo are after. Also look at your tear from a different distance, with that much nock low, are you sure you ae really clean at other distances?
Old 02-20-2002, 09:38 AM

when I started high I was having 2 inch tears (high) so I lowered intill I got bullet holes and now is where I am. I talked to buckmaster and they want my bow to check out, and they are going to place the 78lb limbs on for me at no charge and they will look into why it is low nock.. I kind of think the arrows are spined off, the graph from PSE says it`s ok for my bow, who knows...

evan
Old 02-20-2002, 10:59 AM

That all sounds like good sense. If you have a clearance problem, lowering the nock point won't cure the high nock in a rational progresion, because you are getting a bounce or something, or affecting your spine at least. Are you getting a lighter set of limbs?
Old 02-22-2002, 05:29 PM

ossage, I am getting the heavyer limbs, I have a very strong back (hrs in the weight room every day) I can shoot my bow over 100times and then my back still wants more but my left elbow starts to ache, so 70+ pounds is nothing I have shot 90lbs before and then that started to feel heavy after 50 or so shots. I just want some more speed and I can take it, and they are going to give me the limbs for free, I know speed is nothing without form but I shoot pretty good. right now my bow is at the factory and i hope they can fix my problem..

evan
Old 02-22-2002, 06:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Usually when your nock is out of square, it means your tiller is out of whack. Could be one limb was weaker than the other, but it still causes the tiller to be off.

If it's a single cam, take a piece of string and stretch it tight across both axles. Measure to the string from the limbs where they enter the limb pockets on each end of the riser. Adjust your limb bolts until the measurement is the same on each end of the riser.

If it's a dual cam bow, just measure to the bow string.

Edited by - Arthur P on 02/22/2002 19:35:37