Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

[Deleted]

Old 05-02-2004, 05:46 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-02-2004, 06:30 PM

Default RE: arrow advice????????

How long is your arrow shaft? More than likely, the 300's were much quieter becuase they are quite a bit heaver. I would probably recommend splitting the difference and shoot the Axis 340's. Tip it with a 100 gr. broadhead and you should come in pretty close to 400 grains if you are shooting a 29" arrow. That is more than plenty of KE for whitetails.
Old 05-02-2004, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll agree with Swamp. You might change the way you think a bit though. Deer are medium sized game at best. Big game is when you got to critters the size of elk and moose. It doesn't take much energy to blw through whitetails. I shoot them all the time with 320gr arrows clocking around 240fps. That's about 40lbs/ft of KE. It means nothing. Arrow placement is the key.
Old 05-02-2004, 07:08 PM

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

I'll agree with Swamp. You might change the way you think a bit though. Deer are medium sized game at best. Big game is when you got to critters the size of elk and moose. It doesn't take much energy to blw through whitetails. I shoot them all the time with 320gr arrows clocking around 240fps. That's about 40lbs/ft of KE. It means nothing. Arrow placement is the key.
What he said. Whitetails are medium game. I have a 70lb LX maxed out with 28.5 inch draw and am shooting 27"(shaft only measurement) Axis 340's. Total arrow weight with wraps and Quickspins is 434 grains.